Is It Really You?

A/N: the picture is what Taissa's ring looks like! 😊

Evan's P.O.V.

"Taissa" I whisper while kissing her forehead. She is the only person I know who looks beautiful with and without make up; plus, she always smells great. She opens her eyes slightly and smiles. "I'm leaving now, I will see you this evening. I love you."

"I love you too," she mumbles, drifting back to sleep. On my way out I check on Tate and hear him snoring. I've missed my brother so much.

I set the house alarm on the way out and drive to the Honda dealership. Last night, before Taissa knocked out, she told me how we should buy Tate a reliable car. She explained how she went to the dealership and found a good one, Honda Civic. I went down there before work to check it out. I decide to get him it and order the sport package; he's got to have some fun. I make sure all the windows are tinted black, just like all our cars. I do not like other people seeing into our cars. I pay them to drop it off at the house in an hour and call a company to tow his old car. I text Taissa letting her know and she goes to clean his car out.

Work is fairly slow, but considering my job is to manage and foresee any problems, I don't have too much to do. Usually, I sort out unpaid bills and have my secretary call them. Nora starts today, instead of Saturday. She reminds me of my mother, only kinder. "Good morning, Mr. Peters. I noticed from your last secretary that you like your coffee one sugar, two creams, so here it is." She holds the cup up and smiles. I flinch and remember Riley.

"Thank you, Nora." Ever since the incident, I've been carrying strips that test for the drug I was forced to drink. Thankfully there is no trace in the cup. I gulp the hot liquid down and get to work. After completing my duties I think about the wedding. I know that fiancées don't get marriage rights. So, I want to elope with Taissa but don't know how she would feel. Has she been dreaming of her wedding day her whole life? Of course, I want a ceremony but not soon. Perhaps in six months to a year. I make a mental note to ask her tonight, if she is in a good mood. Suddenly, I receive a call from Tate. "Hello?"

"Evan? Bro, you are THE best! I seriously cannot thank you enough! Betty was there for me but this baby! Oh man! She's a beaut! Definitely reliable! I owe you two BIG TIME!"

I chuckle, "Don't worry about it, Tate. It's the least I can do, since I've been such an ass all these years."

We talk for three more minutes and then hang up. I go on lunch and decide to eat out today and invite Nora. She agrees and I drive to a nearby pub. As we're walking in I see a girl, who looks oddly like Taissa, walk out. She's wearing sunglasses and a big hat. "Taissa!" I call but she continues walking. I run after her but she hops into a taxi and flees. I call Taissa. "Hey, Tai. Were you just at John's Pub?"

"No, Ev, I'm at home with Tate. We're in his car. Why?"

"Oh ne-never mind. I thought I saw you but I guess not. I'll see you at four, babe. I love you."

"I love you too" Click.

Taissa's P.O.V.

I send Tate off to have fun and I head up to my room. I grab my laptop and start a search on this Violet Harmon. I find high school yearbook, high school records, and her birth and death certificate. I read the police report on her death. Apparently, her body was never found. In her suicide note she explains how she's been bullied since middle school and how she couldn't take it. Violet wrote that she wanted to reunite with her mother, which I assume died. She also said that she will be jumping off a near by bridge. The police have looked at the three surrounding lakes and found no body. I find that very strange, so I look into her parents and her mother died from childbirth and so did the baby. Her father, is still alive, but went missing shortly after her death.