You Have To Choose Part Two

Taissa's P.O.V.

"Ev-Evan! What're we going to do? Ben will fire me! I need this job!" I whisper yell. Ben is the boss of the entire building. He co-owns the place with some other guy. Evan frantically gets dressed and looks at me, telling me to do the same.

"Evan are you in there?"

"Taissa, take this and sit on the couch, organize it, and put headphones in." He whispers and hands me a stack of bills. "And fix your hair..."

He sits at his desk and dials a friend and mumbles something into the phone. "Would you hold a moment sir?" He opens the door and in walks Ben. I try not to look because I'm supposed to be oblivious to his presence with the headphones in. After a minute, I take off my headphones and greet him.

"Evan, what took you so long?"

"Sorry, Sir, I'm on the phone with a client. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Finish the call first. I'll wait." He walks to his desk and I start to get nervous. Ben is staring me, giving me a weird look.

"So...." He doesn't know my name.

"Taissa."

"Right! So sorry. How do you like working here?"

"Truthfully, I love it. I enjoy being around such pleasant people, such as Evan. He gave me an amazing opportunity." I smile We make small talk for a bit. Then Evan hangs up.

"Taissa, would you give us a minute?"

"Oh sure, I was going to leave soon anyways. I'll see you tomorrow Evan. Nice talking to you, Ben. Good night."

I get on the bus to go home and notice people are giving me weird looks. I take out my phone and open the camera. My hair and make up look fine. I look in the window reflection and realize my shirt is backwards, showing a lot of cleavage.

Now I look dumb and slutty.

I get off at my stop and run to my apartment. Just as I'm getting my keys into the lock I overhear Vic.

"I don't know how to tell her. I'm scared of her reaction. It could be really bad. I know. I KNOW. I don't have to tell her. OKAY, OKAY I WILL TELL HER. BYE."

I run in the house. Vic's going to tell me he loves me. What do I do?! I don't love him. Not even a bit. He's a great human being but I do not love him. I think of him as a friend. I love E- I don't know.

I change into jeans and a nirvana sweater. I hear a knock on my door and it's Vic. He's doing this now?!

"Hey Taissa, may I come in?"

"S-Sure." I'm trying to think of ways to let him down lightly.

"Want something to drink?"

"Water is fine."

"So what's up?"

"Well, you and I had some pretty nice times together."

"We did," I'm smiling think of the good times.

"And I know we haven't known each other long, but I feel like we have a good connection. So I feel compelled to tell you..." I start to panic and drop my glass of water. I watch it shatter over the floor.

"Taissa! Are you okay?" He runs to pick up the broken glass

"Ye-yeah. I'll clean that up later. It's okay. What were you saying?"

"Well, I, uh, I'm moving tomorrow morning."

My jaw drops. This is what he's talking about?! I'm relieved but also saddened. I really enjoyed Vic's company the last few days. "Oh.. well, good luck Vic. I hope I can see you again."