Who Are You Now?

A/N: THANK YOU FOR THE 3K!! :)

Tate's P.O.V.

"V-V-Vi-Violet?" This isn't real. She's dead. I feel faint, scared, and insane.

"No.. My name is Zoe. Zoe Benson. Uhhh, I'm looking for Taissa" I feel my legs turn to jello. I can barely talk, let alone move.

"Taissa!" I scream, partially because I want her to hear but also because I'm upset. Did she set this up?

"Hi you two!" She says cheerfully while straightening her skirt.

"Zoe is here to see you" I walk away, after finally regaining my strength back. I hear them whispering and arguing, I've never seen or heard of this girl.

I walk to the kitchen and run up to Evan "What is going on? Violet is out there saying her name is Zoe Benson! Evan, am I crazy?"

"Tate, relax. You can't think every girl that look somewhat like Viol-" they walk in and Evan nearly drops his glass, "HOLY SHIT!" He whisper yells, "that has to be her! That's an exact replica!"

"I know! Bu-but she died. You saw the suicide note and police report." I feel a few tears stream down my face.

"Okay everyone! Let's sit down for dinner!" Taissa says with a hint of nervousness in her voice. I wonder what those two were discussing.

"So... Zoe, do you go to school?" Finally, Evan breaks the awkward silence.

"I go to Oxford University," she mumbles.

"Me too!" Taissa answers, a little too joyfully. "And so does, Kyle." Oh right, we tell others I'm Kyle. I almost forgot since I've been living with them. Zoe raises her eyebrows and gives me long stare. It's as if she recognizes me but doesn't.

"What are you studying?" Zoe asks both of us, but is staring directly into my eyes. I know those eyes; I've looked into them so many times. It has to be Violet.

"Drug counseling" I mutter. I'm not in the mood to deal with this. I've been missing her more than usual lately and now I have two people in the room that resemble her greatly, one who could be practically be her twin. After a few more tortuous minutes of listening to Taissa and Zoe small talk, I angrily push my chair out and stomp upstairs. I hear Taissa trying to excuse my behavior and Evan calling after me but I just run to my room. It's only 9pm but I bury my face in my pillows, cry, and scream until I fall asleep. While drifting off I feel the dire urge to cut, but then I remember what I promised Violet.

I wake up at 11pm assuming Zoe went home. I go into my bathroom and hop in the shower. Half way through I hear shuffling in the room. "Taissa?" No one answers so I just continue lathering my body with soap. I get out and wrap a towel around my waist. As I look at myself in the mirror one of the doors open. Since the bathroom is set up to connect two rooms, so if someone else lived with us, I would share this bathroom.

I jump because it's not my door that opens the other. "Sorry.. I didn't know you were still in here." Zoe turns bright red. What is she doing here? Suddenly, I feel self-conscious. She stares at my body, as if she's taking it all in for the first time. I want to scream and shake her. I know you're in there Violet; she has to be.

"It's fine" I say coldly. If she's not Violet, then I don't want to talk. Not now. She focuses on my tattoo of a black rose intertwined with a V, for Violet, and then she tenses up.

"Th-that's a nice tattoo."

I roll my eyes, "thanks."

"Is there a story behind it?"

"Look, I'm not in the mood to talk right now. I've been having a bad week. Okay?"

"I just wanted to-"