Investigation time

Y/N's POV

After getting our coffee, Darcy, Jimmy, and I headed to the meeting room, calling other agents so we could start the investigation.

We introduced ourselves and stood in front of a board, "First and foremost" Jimmy said starting to explain the plan, "Our main objective is to get any intel on Captain Rambeau" I nodded, "But originally, this case was a missing person, so we're going to start from there" I added

"We've successfully identified two individuals inside the Westview anomaly" he then placed two pictures on the board, one being of Wanda and the other being of Vision, "Let's keep going," he said, everyone then moved to their places.

We then started identifying the other people aka characters that appeared in the show, getting pictures of them to then start searching around for their real identifications. Me and Jimmy focused on writing down theories and questions, like things we don't know, things we know, failed attempts, and other stuff. It was actually really fun to work with Jimmy on this, he was a great partner and once in a while cracked a joke or did a magic trick.

I'm not going to lie he's a really skilled magician, he pulled some pretty amazing tricks, he obviously did basic tricks like the coin inside the ear but most of them were actually pretty impressive like the one he did with his card when he first introduced himself.

"Mr. and Mrs. Heart!" Darcy said placing the pictures of the characters with the identifications of the actual people on the board, "Played by Todd and Sharon Davis" I looked at their identifications again, "They are actually married in real life, that's strangely cute" Jimmy chuckled shaking his head and playfully rolling his eyes, "Hey, old couples are cute okay" I said defensively, he just laughed.

An Agent then walked up to Jimmy and handed him a new identified person he handed me the picture as I put it up, "Abhilash Tandon as Norm" he then comes up with new questions and adds them to the board, "Harold Copter is Jones" Darcy shouts informing us, we put him up as well, I take a document and put it up on the board, "Isabel Matsueida as Beverly" I inform.

Then we just keep identifying more and more people shouting and announcing every time we find someone new, strangely enough, we couldn't find an identification for one of the characters called Agnes, I kept trying to find some sort of information but was met with nothing and was stopped once I heard Darcy gasp as she dropped her instant ramen.

I quickly head to where she is to see Monica on screen as an extra, I go over to Jimmy calling him and all three of us take a seat looking at Monica through the screen, "Does she seem okay to you?" she asks us, "Well, she doesn't appear to be harmed in any way" Jimmy points out, "True, but she doesn't seem like the Monica I know" I add, "So what, deep cover? Monica has to play along?" Darcy asks confused, "With who though," I say, "Or else, what?" Jimmy suggests, 

"All right. Brass tacks, Dr. Lewis. What are we looking at here?" he asks concerned, which I understand, this situation is insane and surreal, "Is it an alternative reality?" he asks, "Perhaps time travel?" I point out, "Some cockamamie social experiment?" he asks looking at me I shrug giving him an 'I have no idea' look.

"It's a sitcom" Darcy explains, "A 1950s sitcom", "But why?" we both ask, "Hey guys we are working with the same scarcity of intel" we look at each other concerned and back at the screen looking carefully at it for some sort of clues, "But, listen, I do have an idea" we look at her, hoping for something that will work.

She explains to us how we could try to communicate with Wanda from the outside, she explained how she saw a radio in her kitchen and she figured out a way to intercept the radio for someone to try and communicate with her.

We were outside listening to her explaining us her theory, she was very positive about it, "This is totally gonna work" Jimmy starts to look at the equipment and goes to touch it, "Don't touch that" he moves his hand embarrassed and looks away, "You look like a little kid who got caught doing something bad" I say giggling, "Very funny" he says, "It kinda was"

A S.W.O.R.D agent then approached us handing me a folder, "Is this from the current episode?" she nods, "Aired around two minutes ago" Jimmy moves to stand next to me looking at the picture, "What is it?" Darcy asks moving to see what's in the folder, "What does it look like to you?" Jimmy says, "Like a retro version of a S.W.O.R.D drone?" she responds with, "Bingo" I add

"But how did it change and why?" she points out, "To go with the production design?" Jimmy suggests I look up at him nodding, "That might be why" I say, "Or render it useless" Darcy says looking down, I look at the picture noticing it's in color, "Why did you colorize it?" I ask the agent, "We didn't" the three of us look at each other concerned, "Let's get this show on the road" Darcy says moving to pick up some papers and leaving to check the show while I stay with Jimmy, I move to the coms control a small T.V there as well and I take a seat

"Are the coms working?" I ask him speaking through the com, he nods, "Jimmy you ready?" Darcy says through the coms, "Ready" he replies giving her a thumbs up, she then lets us know that Monica is in the current scene talking, she then informs us that there is a radio at the table at the scene so he grabs the microphone and starts talking

"Wanda, Wanda, can you read me, over" I look at Jimmy my leg bouncing none stop due to how anxious I was, "Can she hear me?" he asks Darcy, "I don't think so, try again," she says, I give him a reassuring smile and he nods, "Wanda? Wanda? Wanda. Who is doing this to you, Wanda?" her face looks worried, I grab my own mic and start speaking, "Wanda? Can you hear us? We are here to help you" I look at Jimmy smiling letting him know she is possibly hearing us, "Please give us a sign" Jimmy speaks but it's cut off midway in the show

"Wait," Darcy says, the scene quickly transitioned and an ad then appeared, "That's so weird," I say, Jimmy looks at me confused, "What's weird?" I look at him and then back at the T.V shaking my head looking down, "Mission failure" Darcy says.

Jimmy and I take off the coms and I place the microphone down, "I thought she had heard us" I say disappointed standing up, "sorry" he gives me a small smile and wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk back, "It's alright, third time's a charm right?" I chuckle and nod, "Hopefully it will be"

Hey guys!!!Omg 2 chapters in a day could never be me? What's happening, maybe it's not me, maybe it's another me, maybe I'm being controlled by Wanda, or maybe I'm just extremely in love with this man😂 Either way I hope you guys liked the chapter!! I'm honestly having so much fun writing this, I'm also so hyped for tomorrow's episode so yeah!!! Thanks for reading the story guys and stay tuned for the next chapter which will probably come out tomorrow!!

Lots of love, Author.

Dear Marvel: Will Jimmy ever get trapped in the Hex? And if he did what would he appear as? What do you guys think you would appear as? I think I could appear as either a cool news reporter or Pietro's girlfriend 😉

Edited: 10/03/21