Friends, answers, and the past

Y/N POV

We ran towards Monica finding her on the ground wearing the 70s styled clothes that we saw on the show, and we kneel next to her, "Monica are you okay?" Jimmy asks clearly concerned, I go to check on her and she looks fine, "How are you feeling?" I asked worried something might have happened that we didn't see, "What's happening inside the hex?" Darcy asks, we look at her confused, "Hex, you know because its shape is a hexagon, it makes sense" she explains, "It's Wanda..." the three of us look at Monica and then at each other confused, "It's all... Wanda" Monica explains before passing out.

I go the check her pulse worried but she was fine, the local paramedics then take her to the infirmary, I try to go with them but Hayward stops me, "We'll take care of her, it's better if you stay here" I look at him annoyed, "I don't care, I'm her friend and I need to make sure she's okay" he then points his finger at me and taps my chest strongly making me move back, "We don't have time for friendships here. We'll. Take. Care. Of. Her. Now mind your business" 

"I can't just mind my business she could die for all I know! All I'm asking is to let me go with her," I say angrily, "And as the director, all I'm saying is you can't, end of the conversation" He starts walking away, I take a deep breath walking towards him ready to end him clutching my fist, but I'm stopped by Jimmy catching up to me and stopping in front of me, placing his hands on my shoulder trying to calm me down, 

"I know you despise him Y/N, and you have all the right to, all you want to do is check on Monica, but let's not kill him." I take a deep breath calming down and nod, "Alright, I won't kill him. Just yet." he chuckles and smiles at me, "Good, and don't worry, Monica will be fine, she's strong" I nod, "I know, but still, what if something happened to her? What if being inside the hex did something to her?" I ask worried, "Ha! You called it the Hex!" Darcy shouts.

We both look at her and shake our head chuckling at the comment, I look back towards where Monica was taken playing with my fingers and tapping my foot nervously, I walk back to my office and take a seat putting my head on the table, "She is going to be okay Y/N" Jimmy says coming in and taking a seat, 

"I just hope she's well" I blurt out, "I promised her mom I would look out for her and make sure she was okay, I own it to Maria, I would not be able to forgive myself if she died", "That won't happen alright, Captain Rambeau is strong and you know that, don't be so hard on yourself Y/N" I look up at him, "I know but-" he interrupts me, "But nothing Y/N, we have all been working hard on the investigation, especially you, she's here now, and she will be fine, relax a bit" I sight

"I wish, but with everything that's going on there really is no time for that, I need to focus on what's important right now which is the case" I take a deep breath and I stand up, "I think we have some time to relax, come on you need a break," he says grabbing my hand and pulling me down making me sit again, "I've told you about my unique childhood," he says I laugh remembering him talking about it on the first day, "You haven't told me about yours? Of course only if you are comfortable talking about it," he says

"I don't normally talk about my childhood but why not. So I told you that I moved to Mississipi when I was 2, it turned out the people my mom started working with were dangerous gangs but we desperately needed the money so she kept working with them, she worked with them for three years, she learned a lot of information about different gangs as a waitress but then she had an incident with one of the men who frequented the place and she was able to find a new job so she decided to quit" he listened carefully to the story, his expression constantly changing

"Smart of her to leave," he said, "That's what you would think right, the boss got worried she would leak information to the authorities so he sends some of his men to kill her" he looked at me worried, "Did she die?" I shake my head, "Lucky for us the day they attacked us at the house my uncle was around, he worked for an organization and learned self-defense so he took the guys down, the boss had only sent like 2 people as well so that wasn't a smart move from his part" 

"Wow, what did you think would have happened to you if your uncle hadn't been there," I thought about it for a second, "They probably would have taken me and done god knows what horrible things to me" I explain, "After the incident, my mom got so scared there would be another attack that she asked my uncle to train me in martial arts; The organization he worked for was so impressed with how quickly I learned the skills that they offered to give me a good life if I started working for them" 

"What did you say?" he asked me, I looked down taking a deep breath, "At first I denied. But as my mom feared another attacked happened when she was working in her new job and she was killed, so I decided to accept it, I had nothing to lose and I would get a good life, my uncle took care of me as well, so it wasn't so bad"

He looks at me shocked, "I'm so sorry about what happened to your mom" he says placing his hand on top of mine comfortingly, I look at his hand surprised by the sudden action, I was not really used to physical contact, "I-it was, but I was lucky to have my uncle" I say smiling at him, "He sounds like a good man" I chuckle, "He is. And well the rest of my life is just about being a spy for an organization, not that interesting" he laughs, "Oh yeah, just your normal stuff" 

I stand up and open the door, "We should probably go check on Darcy and the show" I say, Jimmy nods standing up as we leave the office, "You never know what she might be up to" we both laugh looking for Darcy.

And as we spark up a small talk I notice a feeling in my stomach and cheeks, it feels like they are burning, but I know I'm not sick, I try and figure out what might be wrong with me and realize the feeling gets stronger whenever I look at Jimmy, maybe he's sick and now I'm sick because of him. But he seems fine, so he can't be sick. 

When we see Darcy at her desk I take a seat next to her and Jimmy leaves for a second. I should tell Darcy about how I'm feeling, maybe she knows someone in the place who's sick.

"Hey Darcy, can you help me with something," I ask her, "Sure, what is it" she responds with eating some crisps, "I'm feeling weird, I'm not sure what it is though, I have this warm feeling in my stomach and cheeks, and it gets worst whenever I'm around Jimmy, I think he might be sick and gave it to me"

She stops eating her chips and looks at me wide-eyed and chuckles, "You're not sick, and neither is Jimmy, I know what you've got, the L-word" I look at her confused, the L-word? what is that, "The L-word?" I ask thinking of a sickness with the L-word, "Leprosy?" I ask, she bursts out laughing and I just stare at her confused it takes her a couple of seconds to calm down as she shakes her head, "Y/N you are in love!"

Hey there comrades here's the new chapter!!! I hope you like it!! I had a lot of fun writing it!! Also thank you so much for all your support with this story!!! It means so much to me to see your comments and that you are enjoying the story!! The next chapter might be out by tomorrow I'm still not sure!! Also, I have an idea for a Pietro x reader story based on the x-men and wandavision, and if you guys would like to read I might write it!!

Lots of love, Author!!

❗Spoilers❗

Dear Marvel- What happened to the twins!! Where are my babies!! Also which twin do you guys like more Billy or Tommy? Personally, I love Tommy with all my heart, I still love Billy tho.

Edited: 12/03/21