A galaxy of possibilities

Jimmy's POV

I pace around the room as I wait for Zeke and Mark to come out of the infirmary. My mind is filled with worry over Y/N, I can't help but overthink every possible thing that could be happening right now in the infirmary. She could be fine, but will that really be the case?

What if she is bleeding out? What if the bullet damaged a vital organ? What if her body is having an allergic reaction to the anesthesia? What if she's dying?!

Alright, that's a bit of an over-exaggeration, but I can't help but worry. Y/N is the first person I have ever cared for this much, and I don't want anything to happen to her. She should have listened to me, I told her it wasn't a good idea to leave the car, but she's far too stubborn.

And now she's in the middle of an operation because she was shot and could have died. Man, she's really making me go mad worrying over her.

"She's going to be okay Jimmy" I hear Lee say. I turn to look at him as he hands me an unfamiliar drink. I go to examine it, looking at the strange green liquid,
"Try it, it's nice I promise," He tells me.

I take a drink off it and to my surprise it actually has a very nice taste, I can't seem to compare it to anything else but it gives this feeling of relaxation and calmness, something I really need right now.
"Wow this is really nice Lee"

"I know right, it's a mixture of these natural fruits from my planet. Perfect for when stressed" He explains to me.
"So what happened down there?"

"Y/N wanted to get closer to the possible suspect, but we were seen by who I assumed was working with him. He shot Y/N but she was able to shoot him back; I was panicking so much, but we luckily got out of there quickly"

Lee pats my back and apologizes, saying how they should have been more careful and helped us more, but I didn't want him to blame himself on what happened as neither of us could have seen it coming. He then stands up and leaves telling me he'll start getting food ready, leaving me alone with my thoughts once again.

~~~~

"Jimmy...Jimmy" I hear someone say, I push my eyes open as I see Zeke towering over me shaking me awake. Shit, I fell asleep.

"Is Y/N okay?! How did the surgery go?" I ask him pushing myself up as I regain consciousness of where I am and what had happened. I look around the room for Y/N worried and alarmed.

"The surgery went well. She's going to be okay, she's currently asleep but you are welcome to go and check on her"

I stand up smiling pulling Zeke into a hug.
"Thank you for helping her" I tell him and he pats my back chuckling as he moves away telling me how there's 'No need to thank him because after all, they got us two into this mess and it was the least they could do'
I thank him one more time before I make my way practically running to the infirmary room.

I press the blue button and enter the room as the door opens; There I see a very peaceful and relaxed Y/N laying on the bed asleep, her hair is very messy yet still as pretty as always. I walk up to her and take a seat on the chair next to the bed, and I can't help but want to pull her into a hug and tell her how worried I was about her, and maybe slightly tell her off, but I know she needs this rest so I better wait.

I take her hand as I fix her blanket so it covers her properly as I don't want her to get cold and move some of her hair away from her face. Why does she have to be so careless yet so beautiful?

"You really made me worry you know" I tell her and chuckle. She can't hear me right now, there's no point in talking to her while she's asleep. I slightly stand up as I place a kiss on her cheek and caress her hand laying my head on the edge of the bed and slowly my eyes start to give out.