036

monday - may 3, 2021

𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐨'𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐟𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟒, 𝟏:𝟎𝟕𝐩𝐦
𝐥𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

I pull my cellphone out of my pocket rather swiftly as it vibrates once, signaling that I just received a text message that hopefully was sent from Ella's device.

Disappointment courses through my body the moment I have to accept that it was simply Finneas who contacted me about further plans for today.

However, I can't resist analyzing Ella's latest messages once again and therefore click our chat.

There is something evidently unsettling about them, but I can't seem to figure out what it's all about; where the roots of my inner disquiet are spreading from.

𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆

𝗜'𝗺 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗸. 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗳𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂
𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂.
9:12𝘢𝘮

I could be interpreting things erroneously, although her reply doesn't contain a single trace of a lie. In all honesty, she wouldn't even have a plausible reason to tell me falsities.

Nevertheless, the urge to place a call to her on the instant grows with each second that I waste peering at my bright screen.

Just as a girl with coal black hair from my class walks up to me, stopping right before my nose, I raise my head.

"Aw, is that Ella you're texting?" Clarissa chuckles and pouts her lips shortly afterwards. "A wonder would've happened if she had actually been here for once, but I bet she's sick, right? You gotta know, why's she skipping again?"

Fury surges up within me, despite that fact, I won't display it just yet. I'm keeping it to myself, at least for as long as I'm able to do so and my innermost dislike of her won't figuratively erupt inside my chest.

"In fact, she is sick, yes," I rejoin tepidly and let my eyes roam her face cool.

"Pretty ridiculous how you believe all these lies she tells you," she shakes her head and furrows her brows, a tad of triumph gleaming in her malevolent brown eyes. "You're so blind, she's clearly taking advantage of you."

"You don't know shit about either of us," I sigh and press my lips together, since I am more than ready to flee this present situation and stop communicating with her altogether.

"Oh, and I unfortunately saw you with her in the hallways last Friday. Pretty disgusting when two girls kiss," she adds without further context. "Honestly, grow out of it, it's a phase. You obviously haven't had sex with a guy yet."

"And you've never kissed a girl before, I assume," I riposte irritatedly, giving her a frosty look.

"No, because that would disrupt the cycle of our nature," she contends that her point of view is the only welcome one. "Men and women are made for each other, nothing else. Two women or men can't have children, you fa-."

"Shut the fuck up," I hiss, a mere step away from forcing her against the lockers behind us; just like Ella did a month ago. "Don't you dare utter that word."