Reunion

The feud hadn't stopped yet. People were still being shot and they were at each others' necks. Scarcia hadn't withdrawn from the war. Something had prevented Alden and Ullin from handing the copies to the Board. The memorial was being held at a gloomy corner in between the city of Zavia and the Arena. There was a small gathering, sunken faces and black clothing. The atmosphere was gloomier than ever. "Where's Jazlene? I haven't seen her since she stabbed Sarah." Celestia whispered. She couldn't stand still. Quiet and sorrowful gatherings made her uncomfortable. "I haven't seen her either." Nylo replied. Axerd turned around and found Jazlene talking to Ullin. It seemed like they were having an argument. He walked slowly towards them and asked them what was going on and why were people still brawling and were in combat. He was dumbfounded to hear that Ullin hadn't handed the copies over. "I wanted the approval of the guardians-" he cleared his throat, "Guardian, before I took a what could be drastic decision."

"Uh, yeah. I mean, I approve of this. Hand it over to them as fast as possible." He was distracted and lost in his thoughts. Ullin nodded. Just as he was about to leave, they heard a scream. They turned around and gazed at Evlon. He had been shot. After the smog cleared, the shooter's face was slightly visible. Sierra. She had taken her revenge. Jazlene let out a shrill scream and raced to him. He was almost gone, his veins popping on his face, his fingernails were blue. "Tell mother I said goodbye." He whispered in pain as she held his hand and kneeled down.

Axerd quietly left her alone with Evlon, he was speechless. He began to realize he was not the only one who lost a loved one when he glanced at his surroundings. Everyone was in agony. This was not what he signed up for when he was asked to be the guardian. Yet, he had to face it. He walked behind Ullin as he heard some of the last shots before the copies were handed over. The Scarcians took off. And once again, Zavia was left in ruins. History repeated itself.

He walked through the smoke and ashes. His eyes glimmered through the grim stare. He saw families reuniting and overcoming their losses. Celestia was hugging her sister while Zeta ran towards her parents. Nylo greeted his grandparents and Evangeline reassured and supported her family as they mourned for the loss of her aunt. He didn't know where to go or what he could do. With Bexley not there, his instincts told him to look for Jazlene again.

At last he found her, she was with a man and who seemed to be his wife. The woman had bright red hair just like Jazlene and green eyes. He wondered who they were. As he walked closer he started to recognize the woman. Green eyes. Red hair. She was tall, she was wearing the blue key on her neck, just like his memories. He walked closer, staring at Jazlene who was hugging her. The woman glanced at him after she let go. Her eyes glimmered as she stared at him, her foot rooted on the ground.

"M-mom?" Axerd whispered in confusion.

"Axerd." she looked dazed. The man chuckled. He had Jazlene's chuckle. Or, Jazlene had his chuckle. "Look at you! You turned out just fine!" he said. 

Axerd smiled widely. He couldn't believe his eyes. He gave them a hug.

"But- but, Jazlene?" He asked, when he remembered that she was with them. He looked at her. She was lost in thoughts and gasped when she finally connected the dots. He smirked as he gave her a friendly push. "Looks like you've met your sister already." His mother said, smiling widely. Jazlene ruffled his hair and hugged him. Bexley would have been amazed, Axerd thought as he laughed to himself.

Suddenly it struck him. Bexley