Things take a turn

Zeta and Clexa returned. "We should stop stealing the Spacelifer chips. We can just use Bexley's charms. I feel terrible when we are stealing." Zeta whispered nervously looking around, to make sure no one was close to them. "We aren't stealing. We're doing Zavia and Xylona a favour. Besides, who is going to ask us about it huh?" Clexa smirked and rolled her eyes. She seemed surprisingly nice to Zeta. "Well if anyone does ask us, I am the worst at keeping secrets," Zeta said, zipping up her coat and jogging up the stairs. Clexa walked into Bexley's dorm, Zeta peeped into Axerd's to make sure he was fine. She found him sketching on his bed.

"Hey." She whispered. "Can I come inside?" He nodded.

"I'm sorry about earlier. You can come back to Evangeline's dorm instead of staying here alone." She said, walking in. She sat next to him, eyed the sketch but didn't ask about it. "No, I think I should stay here. She can have fun with her new friends." He shook his head and continued to draw.

"This isn't about the twins is it?"

Axerd ignored the question. Zeta didn't know what to do so she just sat next to him, quietly. A few moments later, the doorknob clicked, Celestia walked in. "Hey, we're going down to the Arena, Evangeline suggested you and Bexley can train everyone." She said, looking at Axerd. He didn't reply. She turned towards Zeta and signed her to follow her. "Did you speak to Jazlene?" Celestia asked him.

"No, I didn't think it would be necessary. It was her mistake. She didn't stay loyal to the planet, just like all of you, who are betraying Ullin now." Celestia was surprised. She sat on the bed to get a better look at his sketch.

"Doesn't that look familiar?" Celestia asked and Zeta nodded.

Axerd finally looked up. "This is a modification of the draft plan for the spacelifters." He said pointing at the topmost sketch. "And this is the current plan used for them. And the one below it is a modified version of them. It's a destructive weapon." He continued after looking at the lost look on their faces. "The Board said a destructive version of the spacelifters would be launched towards Zavia. They said it was a modified version." He said getting up and walking towards the huge screen on one of the walls and picked up a stylus. "But obviously, we weren't supposed to know that. Fortunately, the board was foolish enough to let it out." He began copying the sketch on the screen from the piece of paper. "We have the list and proportions of the metals and minerals used in the spacelifters. We also know that the draft spacelifter used the metal apeis. We learnt in classes that it causes a huge amount of smoke which is harmful."

Celestia and Zeta nodded. "So, you're trying to figure the math out so we can defend ourselves when they launch it?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah, and according to the information we have till now, this weapon will destroy the planet."

Someone opened the door right after he finished the last sentence. It was Jazlene. "You're modifying the draft? You don't have to do that only because I betrayed you. Some of my family still lives there." She said.

"What? That's oblivious! We aren't doing what you think we are-" Zeta said.

"I don't care what you'll do. I came here to apologise again but looks like Axerd had something else in mind. I don't care now." She said and grabbed the spacelifter chip on his table, tucked it into her sock and walked away before anyone could move. They were too surprised and confused to speak.

"Where are you heading to, Blake?" A voice asked when Jazlene was heading out of Axerd's dorm. Jazlene slowed down but didn't turn to the voice. "It's none of your business." She said because she recognized the voice. She finally turned and it was who she thought it was, Sarah. But this time, next to her was another woman. Snake-green eyes, broad nose and rosy cheeks. Jazlene knew who this woman was, too. "Of course it's none of ours, but we need to tell you something. Do you have time?" Sierra asked. "No, actually, I don't," Jazlene replied plainly. She started to walk away, but Sarah gripped her hand. "What do you have to do now, anyway? Come, spend time with us." She said.

"Why would I spend time with older people?" Jazlene asked, annoyed. Then Sierra said something that made Jazlene turn to them. "If you want to save Scarcia from the damage your 'friends' are going to do, come with us."

"I'm coming with you only to save my family. I don't care about Scarcia." Jazlene said and started following them.

The three entered a dark room which wasn't anything like the Arena or any room in Zavia. It was darker and the walls were purple. "What is this place?" Jazlene whispered as she looked around. On the walls are paintings of all the guardians, some fallen down. "This is an abandoned room where people in the olden days used to pray. Now the Zavians find no reason to pray to anyone, they think they are the greatest." Sarah said, switching on the lights. Jazlene remembered how her mother used to take her to the fort to pray every Wednesday in Scarcia. The thought of her mother raged her more and she sat on one of the chairs, hands clenched. "The reason we called you, Jazlene, is to help us defeat Zavia, for your family," Sierra said as she sat on the chair opposite to Jazlene.

"And how, exactly, can I do that?" She asked. She eyed Sarah as she sat down next to Sierra with a grunt. "You will first have to get Bexley to go to Xylona and help them to win the war. This will save us some time to prepare for the attack." Sarah said. Jazlene nodded. She just wanted to save Scarcia however she could, because her mother had gone back there for some work. And her brother was there. She couldn't forgive Axerd and Bexley if they were going to attack Scarcia. "Then, Axerd will have to go with her as he wouldn't have a choice. And before the war ends in Xylona, Scarcia will work on shielding themselves from the attack." Sierra said. Jazlene thought about it for a while. She didn't want to hurt her friends, but she wanted her family to be safe as well. "So, no one will be harmed?"

"Not a single person, dear." Sarah smiled.

Axerd, Celestia and Zeta ran towards the Arena. They had to get Bexley's help.

Bexley and Nylo were training everyone with the basics of defence and offence. They were also training them to use a few weapons. They also saw Jazlene walking away in a distance. She must have misunderstood the situation more than ever. Axerd ran towards Bexley. She didn't turn towards him and continued to teach. "This is not the right time, just listen." Axerd raised his voice.

"I'm sorry. Did you ask me to listen? Do you care to explain your conversation with Jazlene and why she hates me now?" she asked, still not looking at him.

"Oh, she spoke to you," he said under his breath. And glanced and Celestia and Zeta. They nodded and began explaining everything that had happened. Bexley was furious. "You did talk to her! You had one job, Kenzo, one job." Axerd was taken aback. She hardly called someone by their last name, unless they hurt her or infuriated her. "Look, I'm sorry, but I figured it out. You have to trust me for once." Bexley gave in. She felt that he might be right. Everyone followed him to the garden next to the Arena. They talked about it for a while and finally came up with a blueprint of the plan. Axerd, along with everyone except Bexley would go to Xylona for their aid. Bexley would go to Scarcia instead and talk to Jazlene, hoping to have all the support they can before Scarcia plans any further attacks on Zavia. Zeta and Evangeline would speak to some of the professionals in their laboratories to shield the attack. They didn't know it was too late to do anything.

That night, they left for Xylona.