The Missing Page

"Julias said all that?" Bexley asked. "That's unbelievable."
"But, that's the truth. Do you think you know what the 126 meant?"
"No."
"Why don't we ask your new friends then!" Axerd began.
"Shut up, will you? What is with you and your hatred for them?" She rolled her eyes. "Maybe he's talking about the Zavius," Bexley said.
"We should Check when we get back." Axerd nodded.
"So, are you planning on telling Ullin we know about what he is hiding from us?" Bexley asked.
"No, Julias told me not to. But I think we should confront him." Bexley nodded as they walked into the fancy diner they were going to have dinner at.

"That was a great dinner. Thank you Mr Xelvis." Bexley and Axerd smiled and shook everyone's hands as they got up to leave. After everyone but Ullin left, they walked over to him.
"Hey. We were wondering if there's anything we need to know about friendships and rivalry with the planets. You know, since we are the guardians now." Bexley asked.
"Nothing that I can think of." Ullin shook his head. "Why?"
"So you've told us about everything you know about our planet?" She insisted.
"I think so."
"Well, I think not." Axerd started. And Ullin squinted trying to remember what he had forgotten.
"Do you want to fill us in about the Code 126?" He whispered. Ullin gasped. "Shh kid. Not here." And scrambled into the room they were going to stay over at.
"You should not have known about this." He said strictly.
"Why not? Do you not trust us enough?" Bexley asked. "No, it's not that," Ullin replied.
"You think we are not as good as Aerondra and Alden?" Axerd suggested.
"No! Quiet! Both of you. I know they were much younger than you were but that is different. The planets were at each other's necks back then! We are much more civilized now. I do not want to pressurize you with all this. Whatever you heard about is not important or is probably fake news." He shouted.
"Fine. You can deal with your planet and govern it the way you want to. Why did you get us all the way from Earth anyways when you couldn't trust us." Axerd yelled.
"Yeah. We'd be better off without all this." Bexley whispered in dismay. Ullin stood silently and they left the room.

Axerd groaned in frustration as they reached their room in where they were staying for the night. "Do you think we can go back to Zavia?" Bexley asked, sitting on the edge of a huge bed. "Yeah, why not? Actually, I think it's better if we go there. Tomorrow. Without telling anyone. We can continue our studies, and as soon as we're done, we won't come back to Zavia. We'll go back to Earth. How does that sound?" Axerd replied, making Bexley shudder.
"I know we fought and all, but are you sure you want to leave for Earth? And not get to be the guardian again? It is nice in Zavia, you know." She muttered.
"If they don't trust us as guardians, I don't think we can trust them in making us the guardians. Just sleep, we'll think about this tomorrow. But we are going to Zavia tomorrow, ok? We can use your charms to travel." Axerd said, laying down. Bexley shrugged.

"Ok, here goes nothing." Bexley sighed, looking around Xylona once more before they left. White light filled the room as she held on to the blue charm on her bracelet with one hand, the other holding Axerd's hand. When they opened their eyes they were in Bexley's dorm. "Whoa. What're you doing here?" A voice said from behind which made both of them jump.
"Evangeline." Axerd sighed in relief. "We, um... Ullin told us to go back because we had to complete our studies." He said quickly. Evangeline nodded.
"Oh, ok. I'm going to the library with Celestia and Zeta, you can come too after you freshen up." She said, opening the door. Celestia and Zeta were already standing there, holding some books. They waved to Axerd and Bexley.

"Okay, where did you hide the book?" She asked.
"Behind the textbooks in your bookshelf."
She grabbed the Zavius and flipped to page 126 and was astonished to see that the page was ripped out. When Axerd saw it, his first suspicion was Ullin. So they decided to go to Xylona again.
But, Ullin had no idea what they were talking about when they asked him about it. They started to believe that it might not be Ullin.
"We can't leave whoever took this page out there. They can do anything with it. But since we don't know what all this is about, good job assuming that we, being guardians will be of any help."
"I know you guys aren't happy about this, but-" Ullin started but Bexley's frowns and groans and Axerd's scoff didn't help. "Fine. I'll tell you everything I know about it. But first, you take me back to Zavia, put the book back and come to the headquarters." He continued.

"So what do you want to know?" Ullin asked as he gestured for Axerd and Bexley to sit down on one of the blue benches. They both raised an eyebrow at him. "Right, Code 126." He sat down too with a grunt. "A long time ago, Scarcians and Zavians were on good terms. Everything was going fine until they found out about the new invention we Zavians were coming up with. Spacelifters. They were a medium to travel through cyberspace. The inventors thought it could be programmed into a chip attached to a person's clothing or footwear and remote control could be used to travel through the planets. Just when we had prepared the draft plan and we had started working to create the spacelifters, the Scarcians asked us to hand over the plan so they could benefit from it. We obviously refused. You see, those days there weren't enough spaceships available for everyone to travel through. Spaceships were only for the Board in Scarcia." He paused to take a breath. "And then we made a deal. We use their newly discovered metal, Aeramen, and provide them with the first 1000 chips, and they don't take credit. The agreement was called the Code 126. Well, then we started using their metal, day by day, and soon some Zavians loved it. They were manipulated by the Scarcians to use all of their metals in their daily life. I think you have read about this in the Zavius before?" He asked, looking at Bexley. She nodded. "Yeah, I remember reading about this. Some Zavians who were manipulated by the Scarcians took their side and that caused the civil war in 1975." She said slowly. Ullin nodded.
"And most of us Zavians stopped using metals from there, which enraged the Scarcians. The same year, the Scarcians started a war. By now, many Zavians were on the Scarcians' side. We Zavians lost to them."
"That was when you Zavians decided to make the Zavius and add magic to it, and that book chose two guardians and you as their protector. Clexa and Charlotte Skurt were the first guardians." Bexley continued.
"Exactly. And yes, some people from Frieden helped us with it." Ullin sighed. "Now I told you everything." He said, getting up.
"That's too much to process," Axerd said.
"You asked for it." Ullin shrugged as he left the headquarters.