Disloyalty

"What are you doing here? You will never listen, will you?" Ullin asked.

"There's a lot to explain. You have to trust us on this one. You also have no time to ask us to leave. You need the help. Xylona has almost no resources or an army, now that many people, including the most important people of the planet, relocated to Frieden. Admit it or not, you need us." Evangeline stated. Ullin couldn't disagree with that. He pointed towards the armors and weapons. Axerd nodded and led them. Ullin mouthed thank you, making him smile. He hadn't lost the grin off him after all.

Bexley took a deep breath and walked into a hallway. She looked around and a few people were sitting on the couch, but they were minding their own business, not even glancing at Bexley. She felt a hand on her shoulder. "Why are you here?" A voice said, and Bexley turned around to see Jazlene.

"Oh, um, hi. I just...I came here to talk to you. I was searching for you." she said awkwardly. Jazlene nodded and tilted her head in the other direction, gesturing for Bexley to follow her.

"Look, I know you think we're going to attack Scarcia, but it's not what you think," Bexley said, still following Jazlene as she took Bexley to a small park. The park was empty, and there was only grass and Philendra inside. They sat on a bench and Jazlene sighed. They sat silently for some time and then Bexley spoke. "Let me explain, we aren't going to–"

"Now you'll say you aren't going to attack Scarcia. Why would you think I'll believe you?" Jazlene interrupted. "Because we're your friends, Jazlene. We care about you. I know Axerd acts like he doesn't trust you, but deep inside he cares for you too. I hope you believe us." Bexley said softly. Jazlene finally got herself to look at Bexley in the eyes. "Huh. really. After what I did, I don't think he'll ever forgive me. Not that I care, though. Your stupid plan made me–"

"Stop talking about that plan already! We aren't doing that. Don't make me repeat it twice." Bexley raged. Jazlene flinched when she shouted because she knew Bexley only raised her voice when she was very angry, and she barely was. From how much ever Jazlene knew her. "Okay."

"Okay? That's it?" Bexley asked, raising one eyebrow. Jazlene nodded.

"Okay." She repeated. "I'm sorry, I guess. I should've asked you before." Jazlene said but she didn't exactly mean it. She wasn't sorry, at all. She was still mad at them. But she had to get Bexley to Xylona somehow. And apologizing was the only way she could get her to go.

"Hey, where are the others?" Jazlene asked when they got up to walk around for a while.

"In Xylona," Bexley replied. "Why?"

Perfect. Jazlene said to herself. She smirked at Bexley and shook her head. "No, I just asked. Is there any chance you are going there too?" After looking at the weird expression Bexley was giving her, she added, "I mean– you came here to talk to me, right?

"Yes, I did. But I'm going back to Zavia. The planet's all alone. No guardian or protector. Anything might happen. You could come too if you want to."

"No!" Jazlene shouted. Bexley looked at her, surprised.

"If you don't want to come, it's ok, you can stay here."

"No, you should go to Xylona. Axerd and the others might need your help."

Bexley smiled at her. "Aww, only a few minutes ago you were mad at us and now you're already caring for them?"

"I always cared about you, even when I was mad," Jazlene said. That part was true. She was just doing this for her planet's benefit. Sierra and Sarah promised her no one would get hurt. Bexley smiled even more. "I wish I had an older sister like you." She said. Jazlene hugged Bexley and said, "I am your older sister. Think of me as one. Because I already think of you as a younger sibling."

Bexley looked down and sighed. What did I do to deserve such good people in my life? She thought to herself. She looked back up at Jazlene. "Don't worry, Axerd and the others will be safe. Ullin and the ex guardians are there." She assured. Jazlene bit her bottom lip.

"Don't you think they'll still need help? Ullin won't be with them every time, you know. Same with the ex guardians. I'll come with you too. The job will be faster and easier if two more people help. And you haven't spent much time in Xylona, right? Think of this as an opportunity and we can visit all the libraries together." Jazlene looked eagerly at Bexley, hoping she would agree.

"Fine. I do want to visit the libraries.." she replied. Jazlene smiled to herself.

"Okay! Shall we leave now?"

"No." Bexley said, surprising Jazlene.

"Excuse me?"

"I came here for another reason, to get an answer. I'll be right back." she walked off without looking back. Jazlene was left stranded.

Bexley walked through the hallways, looking for Sierra, she was sure she had seen her when she had arrived. She heard whispers a few steps away to her right. "You have to make sure they leave."

"It's none of your business. I'll handle it." said a man.

"We have to launch the capsule to attack Zavia and they should not be there." a third person whisper-snarled. Bexley flinched at the voice, when she recognized it. She moved closer to the walls and stood against it. Every step she took, every time she exhaled, it echoed. She had to cover her mouth to stop herself from drawing attention. She had no help and she was unarmed.

"Alden, you will have to leave right away, there are a few last minute changes, you will be directing the launch."

Bexley could no longer control herself. She let out a gasp when she heard his name. It was too late to run now. She heard footsteps approaching.

"Alden." she whispered, glaring at Sarah and Sierra at the same time.

"Would you care to explain?" she asked, when none of them said a word.

"I'm sorry, did you explain why you took off to Zavia all of a sudden?" Sierra commented.

"Now is not the time, Sierra." Sarah hushed her and glanced at Alden. "We can't be stopped now. Especially by her. I can't be stopped. It is because of them that I lost power. I didn't know all these years why the book led to me when I was visiting Sierra. And fifteen years later, I was told it was you who was meant to be the guardian. All hatred aside, I have to thank you as well. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be having control over two planets today." she said stiffly, walking slowly towards her. "And after all these years of waiting I will not have this opportunity taken away once again." she smiled this time. Bexley looked her in her eyes. "Try and stop me." she replied, her eyes filled with disgust and anger. She started to run, not realizing that she was unarmed. Sierra began firing at her. She was cornered by the three of them. They walked closer towards her, her heart was pounding, she shouted for help, but no one came.

"Will you do the honors?" Sarah asked Alden. He nodded and whispered, "I'm sorry it had to end like this, I thought you were smarter than this." he took a deep breath and let go of the trigger. She started to lose a ton of blood, she was gasping to steady her breath as she slid down the wall, falling on the floor. Her eyes were misty and so was her memory.