Chapter Twenty-two

Jess looked stunning dressed up in her captivating white gown. However, much to her mother's displeasure, she wore black Converse instead of the cream white heels that her sister had selected for her. Even though Dean already liked Jess, that made him much more proud to have her in the family. She carried a bouquet of yellow daisies. That itself was a vow of her loyalty to Sam, and while most people wouldn't understand that symbolism, it was obvious that both she and Sam did. In the end, that was all that mattered anyway.

Sam, was an unstable nervous wreck, and he was one misplaced table card from a breakdown. But with Dean, Castiel, and Brady's help, he manged to pull himself together in time for the big day. He stood looking down the aisle, already misty eyed, as he was waiting for Jessica's long awaited march. When the moment finally came, and the black sneakers started down the church hall, Sam's smile reached ear to ear, and it was infectious.

Now, Dean wasn't one to really care about weddings, but this one was just too perfect. And it definitely didn't hurt that he got to sit on the row closest to the altar with Castiel close enough to touch. He decided that he maybe liked watching Sam say "I do," with such a finality that it barely seemed like a big commitment. In all honesty, it had been building for quite some time. And, knowing the two of them, they'd probably already rehearsed exactly what they were going to say. But judging from Sam's unwritten vows, and Jessica's raw surprise, they hadn't rehearsed anything.

"Right from the start, I knew. I mean, I knew that you were going to be someone who would always love me, and I knew that I would always love you. That I'd always need you here with me. And, now, Jess, I can't even remember what life was--- what I was like without you. I love you, I really, really do. I love everything about you. I love your smile and your eyes. Your voice and your hands and your intellect, I love it. All of it. I always have, and I promise I always will. Because... well, family is important, and you've already been a part of mine. You have been for a long time. And I don't want to be around without you." Sam looked down smiling sheepishly,  "Sorry, that was more rambling than anything..." that caused a few snickers from the small gathering of people, but Sam was focused on Jess, and she touched his shaking hands softly.

She said one word, something simple. Such an insincere word, but it sounded vastly complex and that one singular word was all it took for Sam to pull her in and kiss her gently, even before the permission had been given. It sounded rude, laughable to some extent. But no one even chuckled.

"Ditto."

The reception was your usual thing, it lasted maybe an hour or two and there were several embarrassing stories told fron both sides of the newly joined family. The dish that was served was - as expected - rabbit food. Dean must've seemed a bit upset, because Cas had leaned over and whispered quietly into his ear, "We'll get burgers after."

So what? Maybe Dean kissed him in public, in front of everyone - Bobby included - or maybe he didn't. Who knows? And honestly who hadn't already called it?

Author's Note:

Well.... this chapter gave me a lot of trouble. I worked on it for like six days, and ended up deleting like 3/4's of what I had written down, because it was complete crap. I personally don't like it at all, but I need a filler to get me from point A to point B and this chapter should suffice.

I hope that this wasn't too out of character for any of them. And by the general term "this" I mean the entire story. Like I get that it's an AU, and Dean is painfully "heterosexual" in canon, but whatever... there IS chemistry and NOTHING you can say will change my mind.

Anyway, I'm trying to update more regularly, in fact, I've already started the next chapter.

I need to start working on my other one... ah, f*ck it, more people have looked at this one.

By the way... what the eff guys! Oh my God! 2.64k people have looked at this. *flails and rolls around on the ground* Thank you guys so much!

Let me vent for a sec : What the f*ck is up with SPN moving to Wednesday night, like, really CW, its hard enough to make it to Tuesday. And a month long hiatus (hellatus) really!?! What is gonna happen to my boo bear (Dean)!?

Sorry about that ^^, anyway...
LOVE YOU!

<3 Ash