71 | the one with a punch

🏁

The One With A Punch

"There was a feeling of inevitability when I met you. The sense that we would be together; that there would be a moment when you would look at me in a certain way, and we would cross the threshold from friendship into something so much more.

We spoke once about lovers who kept finding each other, no matter how many times the world came between them. And I think I had to break your heart, and you had to break mine. How else could we know the worth of what we were given?

I think you were always meant to know me a little better than anyone else. And our lives were fated to converge like some cosmic dance. I know there is a terrible distance between us. But our bodies are made of celestial light, and we are hurtling through space and time, toward the most beautiful collision."
— Lang Leav

A/N:

welcome to my largest chapter ever! a whopping 12k+ words 😭 this is insane y'all, my last record was like 9k so i ask that you please leave lots of comments? there's over 12k words for you to formulate thoughts on and place a few comments here and there! and it makes me very very happy to read them :)

i've been rather nervous (but excited) about this chapter! it's been coming for a long time, with little hints and foreshadowing signalling to small moments. i'm a very lowkey foreshadower so you may not have noticed these moments i'm alluding to, but they're there 👀

anyways, again, please leave comments 🥺 idk if some of y'all are mad at me or what but like, some of y'all disappeared on me and i miss you!!! 🤍

make a guess as to the contents of this chapter based on the title!

12k, here we go! let's go!

 Z A Y NSeveral weeks earlier(A few days before the event where Zayn and Arielle were first reunited)

Z A Y N
Several weeks earlier
(A few days before the event where Zayn and Arielle were first reunited)

When my doorbell rings, I'm not sure who to expect. Over the last few months working for Ezra, the only people who really come to my house anymore are people that work for him. Typically, it's Langley, but there have been other employees that have swung by.

I'm expecting that it's likely Langley. He only told me yesterday that in a few days Ezra wants us to provide security by accompanying him to some event and I've been dreading it ever since I was first told about it. Just what I want to do . . . socialize with rich snobs while pretending to listen to them complain about their first world problems.