81 | the one where chase is messy

🏁

The One Where Chase Is Messy

"Some people survive chaos and that is how they grow. And some people thrive in chaos, because that is all they know."
— Unknown

A/N:

how is everyone? i've missed each of you!!!

i beg for comments. literally BEG 🥺

i beg for conspiracy theories before shits about to hit the fan too :) pleeeeeaaaaase! 🥺🥺

make a guess as to what you think will happen in this chapter according to the title! (hahahaha 🤪)

J A M E S

"Yeah, we just got back a couple days ago," Chase informs me as I park the car on the street in front of his and Arielle's home and we get out.

"How'd you like it?" I inquire, locking the vehicle and following him up the driveway.

He smiles, "It was nice to get away. I don't know if it was Zara's thing, to be honest, but I think she had a good time."

"Not her thing?"

He shrugs, "She wanted to go to Hong Kong or Bali—she had a bit more of a grand idea of vacation, I guess."

As he opens the front door with his key, I nod. Hong Kong is busy, it never sleeps, it's full of constant movement and things to do. Bali is a place I imagine being on the front of a magazine with lush vegetation and people tanning, on the beach, in swimming pools while drinking.

Muskoka, however, has me picturing a small cabin in the middle of the woods. Somewhere where bears like to frequent and weeds and algae naturally grow in the water. Although, I know that isn't entirely true.

"I get it," I agree. When I think about it, I honestly don't know where I'd prefer to go. I tend to believe that it'd be decided by how hectic my life was at the moment I was making the decision. If I needed a calm, a relief from life being crazy, I'd probably choose a place like Canada. However, if I was bored with everyday life, I'd probably head to Hong Kong or Bali.

We walk into the house together and I head straight for the kitchen, where I place my keys down on their island. Chase announces he has to piss, and when I comment that I have to as well, he tells me to use the main washroom while he'll use Arielle's.