46 | the one with good friends

🏁

The One With Good Friends

"I only ever thought there were two kinds of loves: the kind you would kill for and the kind you would die for. But you, my darling, you were the kind of love I would live for."
— O. G. K.

A/N: make a guess as to what you think will happen in this chapter according to the name of it!!

hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and I missed you guys ♥️ I beg that you leave a comment or two (or a dozen 😝) bc y'all know they're my favourite. enjoy! ♥️

 enjoy! ♥️

Z A Y N

"So do you have any idea what the fuck happened back there?" I ask Arielle as we step into her house. My car is parked sneakily in her garage and I'm positive that we weren't followed. In fact, I feel like fucking Langley is still stupidly sitting outside my house, thinking I'm doing my usual smoking up while playing video games.

Arielle leads me towards her kitchen after we kick our shoes off and quickly closes all of the blinds in the house as I sit myself at the island and she grabs us some beers. "I have no fuckin' idea," she admits. "That seemed really out of character for him."

I purse my lips and shake my head. "Not for me, unfortunately."

"He's acted like that with you before?"

"Maybe not as aggressive, but I mean, he did punch me in the fuckin' face." I lean my arms on the countertop as she hands me the can and I crack it open. "Look, I've always told you I didn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. He always gave me bad vibes and I can't explain it, but like, I'm never wrong about shit like that."

"I thought you just hated him 'cause I fucked him." As she says so, she smirks slyly behind the can before she takes a sip.

"That didn't exactly help things," I tease. "But we weren't dating, you had no commitment to me. You could've fucked whomever you damn well pleased."

"And I did." She smiles playfully, scurrying around the island to press her lips to mine quickly, only to head back for her drink on the other side. "So you were okay with me fucking Raven but not Hayes?"

"Mm," I hum. "No. I wasn't pleased with either one." I stand from my chair and saunter to her, gripping her hips in my hands while backing her up until she hits the cupboards behind her. "I wanted you all to myself."

She smiles victoriously, reaching up to run her hand through my hair. "Y'know, I wasn't entirely thrilled with the idea of you and Sara."