92 | the one where he's stir crazy

🏁

The One Where He's Stir Crazy

"In French, you don't really say, 'I miss you.' You say, 'tu me manques,' which is closer to, 'you are missing from me.'

You are a part of me, you are essential to my being. You are like a limb, or an organ, or blood. I cannot function without you."

— Unknown

A/N:

most of you guessed part of this chapter during the last chapter, but it was already written (and has been for over a week now). i digress, it's still cute af and i stand by that :)

make your guess of what you think the plot of this chapter will be based on the title!

also, i do have the next chapter ready to go, so if you'd like a double update, comment lots :)

enjoy! X

Z A Y N

I've spent the day searching the internet. Not for anything specific, but because there really isn't much else to do. Ultimately, I ended up finding some sort of advertisement for a woman who was giving away kittens.

I don't remember the specifics of the post, but she'd stated she was attempting to find homes for a bunch of kittens. If she wasn't able to, the cats would go to a shelter because her family wouldn't be able to care for so many animals in the way that they deserve.

In all honesty, I didn't think much of the ad, until I clicked the photos she'd posted alongside it and noticed the one little kitten. With the tiniest white patch of fur in the shape of a lightning bolt.

It seemed too much like fate. There was no possible way I could ignore it.

It immediately made me think of Arielle and I knew I had to do everything in my power to get a hold of that cat and only that cat.

So, I messaged the woman instantly, told her I'd be there within ten minutes, switched out the plates on Hayes' car, dressed discreetly—but not enough to arouse suspicion from the woman—and went to grab the animal. She gave it to me without hesitation and I fought off tears as I held him in my arms.

Now, here I squat, in a grouping of trees that shades me from peeping eyes and overlooks Arielle's backyard. The kitten has managed to fall asleep where I cradle him, which I'm thankful for. The last thing I'd be wanting to do is attempting to quiet a cat—which is probably the most impossible thing in the world.