56 | the one where he writes a letter

🏁

The One Where He Writes A Letter

"Sometimes the world seems alright, like it's got a coat of paint on it. But on the inside, it's completely rotten."
Unknown

A/N:

hello! it's my birthday! 🥳 anyways, enjoy the chapter! I apologize for how long it's taken, life has been busy! I'm on holiday at my cabin on an island with shit service and I got stung by wasps and had a crazy reaction so it's just been 😅 hope everyone's good! leave lots of comments as a lil birthday present for me? please? 🥺 love y'all! 🤍

make your guess about the plot based on the chapter title!

Z A Y N

I can't even begin to tell you what was running through my head the moment Judge Lafayette slammed his gavel down and dismissed me from the court.

Seven years.

Eighty-four fucking months.

Let's back up for a moment.

The prison was locked down for nearly two weeks, which meant I had limited time with my lawyer, Ben. He did his best with what he had access to, but it made my trial that much more difficult for him.

Part of me believes that the whole lockdown was just another ploy to hinder my sentencing, but I really don't know what to think anymore. It's possible that I'm just driving myself insane believing that one person can have this much power and control.

Granted, QuickDraw has lots of connections but if he did have a hand in pushing for a lockdown, that just makes him even more calculating than I ever took him to be.

It's also completely possible that it's just shit timing. Some asshole in here decided to lug a gun in only God knows what cavity on their body and it just so happened to fuck me over at the perfect fucking moment.

The lockdown also meant I haven't seen Arielle since her and Chase came to visit me that first and final time. She sent a few messages through Ben during lockdown, however I honestly haven't answered back.

I have been so overwhelmed with everything going on in here that I feel suffocated, hopeless and more depressed than I ever have been in my life. I can feel distance between those around me—Arielle, especially—but I'm in such a brain fog right now that I can't do anything about it.