beauties pt.four || ryujin.beomgyu

<<<

<<<

the next day, the storm hadn't let up. he hoped his friends weren't too worried about him; it didn't look like there'd be a way to tell them he was okay. the rain poured all night—crashing thunder startling him every once in a while. he couldn't rest, even with the comfortable bed he was given. that morning, the clouds were so thick, there wasn't even a sunrise.

"i'm bored," he said to the candle that came to check up on him.

"there's a library down the hall, if you'd like," taehyun suggested.

beomgyu wrinkled his nose at books being the only entertainment here but agreed nonetheless.

"wait," he paused, cautiously, "is she there?"

"nope, she's usually still asleep at this time."

this was half a lie: ryujin was indeed in the library, but at least the last claim was true.

when he stepped through the large twin doors, it almost felt as though he was walking into a different world.

it was a circular, rounded room that had tall bookshelves covered beginning to end with books. and there was a winding staircase to a second level. he was immediately hit with the smell of old paper.

<<<

ryujin dozed off in one of the chairs in the library—in a secluded nook by a window with a book on her lap. it was a picture filled book about dragons. in her dream, a fire breathing dragon was soaring through the sky and over a town. a nice one, it was—not intending to kill but enjoyed giving them a good scare. the dragon was, in fact, her; she liked being a dragon.

while wandering the shelves and walkways, beomgyu was bound to run into her eventually. he let out a startled gasp when he saw her, backing into a small table and toppling the stack of books on it to the floor. it was enough to wake her up.

she blinked awake, a bit upset at being pulled from her dreamland. her narrowed eyes settled on the figure in front of her.

"what do you want?"

"... i was bored," he simply replied, looking like he was ready to run if needed.

"bored?" she repeated, rubbing her eyes. for a short moment, she sat there with a blank mind and stare that was looking into space. remembering his sword from the night before, a smile (a bit sinister) formed on her face: "let's have a duel."

with much reluctance, he agreed. and so the two were there in a glass solarium with wooden swords. around them, the rain poured and overgrown plants were climbing up the edges of the glass.

ryujin was excited—she hasn't had the opportunity to use her sword skills against a person since the spell was cast on them. back then, she used to sword fight taehyun all the time.