a dare || ryujin.beomgyu

warning: smoking

warning: smoking

<<<

it was during school, and she wasn't in the classroom where she should be. what was the point? she could just ask lia for her notes later anyways. plus, the air was fresher up here on the rooftop.

luckily, she snuck up there uncaught this time. the ledges were lined with a fence, keeping her from falling as she looked at the view below. it was hard to grasp that she was graduating high school this year, and she found herself wondering about her future.

she was enjoying the moment of silence to herself when the door creaked open from behind her.

ryujin flinched, knowing there wasn't any place she could try and hide at this point. her heart was in her throat because she had just got out of detention last week and was not looking forward to another one. reluctantly, she turned around, hoping it wasn't a teacher.

beomgyu, one of the school's "it" boys was skipping class. wasn't he supposed to be one of the model students? ryujin was familiar with him even though they weren't in the same class because be real—who wasn't? if you didn't know who the top most popular boys in the school, you'd have to be living under a rock. she heard his name from her friends at least ten times a day. honestly, if she said he wasn't handsome, she'd be totally lying.

his eyes went wide when they met hers like he was the one who got caught and his hands flew behind his back to hide whatever was in them. but the panic in his eyes vanished as quickly as it came and was replaced with calm.

"i was asked to check if there were any students up here," he said with confidence like he wasn't hiding something behind his back. ryujin crossed her arms.

"liar," she called out. he actually might be telling the truth, but she knew there was something fishy going on. "what's behind your back?"

if he's guilty of something, she'd have something to hold over his head. he might not tell on her after all.

"nothing!" he replied, too fast and too loud. ryujin stepped towards him, and as she got closer, he backed up against the door he was still standing in front of. she got close enough to catch him by surprise and grab what was in his hands.

"cigarettes!" she gasped. her mouth hung open. "the perfect beomgyu smo—"

he pressed a hand to her mouth, cutting her off and shushing her.

"be quiet!" he hissed, looking around. "you're so loud!"

snatching the cigarettes out of her grasp, he lit one up and put it in between his lips. all while ryujin had her jaw dropped.

"tell anyone about this and you're done for," he said, breathing out and bumping her shoulder as he walked past her. he was supposed to be kind to everyone... but it wasn't that she was hurt of felt betrayed at the show of his true colors. to be frank, she couldn't care less. if anything, she was intrigued.