Chapter One

*Eight Months Earlier*

Monday, August 31st

     ~JORDAN~

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling not wanting to get out of the comfort of my king-sized bed. My body ached all over, last nights workout at the gym was intense, but it did what it always did, which was to clear my mind of all negative thoughts and frustrations. Somehow, I willed myself out of bed in order to get ready for the first day of my senior year in High School.

To say that I wasn't at all excited was an understatement. I hated school with a passion, mainly because it did very little to satiate my mind. The classes were too easy, I got bored with them quickly.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the learning part that I hate. On the contrary, I love to learn. My hatred is aimed towards the teachers lack-of passion to their craft. Which I never understood how someone could decide to want to be a teacher and then get completely bored with it.

I mean seriously, it seems to me that teachers lost their passion for teaching. Although, there are the few exceptions. I guess I feel sorry for the ones who lost their way, maybe it was bound to happen. I'm sure some students don't make it easy either.

As far as my school goes, half of the teachers seem just as bored as the students. Which in turned caused me to get bored as well. Maybe in the end I was expecting too much. I know my classmates would probably despise me if I spoke about it freely. Not even my closest friends know that I secretly wanted to soak up as much knowledge as I could.

When I was 15, I had the option to take college courses, but I didn't because I didn't want any unwanted attention with my graduating class or college students for that matter. I just wanted to be normal as I could considering my extra appendage between my legs.

Not that I kept it a secret or anything. The kids at school know about it, but they don't seem to care or at least they act as if they don't seem to care about it.

I never really got bullied because of it. I guess it did help that I was into MMA fighting and knew Jujitsu, Tae Kwon Doe, Muay Thai, wrestling and boxing.

It wasn't my idea to get involved with martial arts, my dad insisted upon it so I would know how to protect myself if anyone did try to bully me in school because of the fact that I had a dick.

I have to admit that I did love it. MMA fighting, I mean, not my dick. Well I guess my dick too, but that's besides the point. MMA quickly became one of my passions along with reading pretty much anything to stimulate my mind.

I looked at my phone and when I saw the time, I forced myself out of bed. I walked into my en-suit bathroom, took a shower, wrapped myself in a towel, brushed my teeth and brushed my short thick raven colored hair, deciding to go with the Just-got-out-of-bed look by running my fingers through it with a dollop of hair gel, only to have it return to its original place which was in my face.

I turned my head to each side to check for any unwanted blemishes. I stared at the honey colored eyes looking back at me. Letting my thoughts drift to this past summer and thought of her. The only woman to ever capture my heart the moment our eyes met. She was the only one that captivated my mind, heart, and soul. A very fairytale way to put it, I know, but it's true.

It took everything I had to walk away from her that day. I didn't want to let her go, but I knew I had to. We both had lives to get back to.

Mentally shaking my thoughts of her, I proceeded to go into my room to pick out today's attire.