Twenty Seven

Chapter 27

'Locked up'

My face turned pale when I saw Dobby laying on the ground. An innocent elf, that's what he was. He didn't deserve any of this, none of us do. But the thing is, I didn't care about myself. I'll be gone eventually without people remembering me. When innocent lives are taken, that's when I hate myself the most, because if Dobby really was dead, it would be my fault. With Tom coming closer every day, I feel like this is just the beginning.

'What's wrong?' Draco cupped my face with his pale grey eyes burning on me, unaware at what I was looking at.

'Draco-' I whispered, but before I could say anything more, he had already looked into Dobby's direction.

His face changed immediately. He was hurt. I knew Dobby meant a lot to him, more than he could ever admit. Dobby was the only one where he could be himself growing up, and the only one he had. Someone who never judges you and wants what's best for you.

Please Dobby, please be alive. I don't know how much Draco can take if this happens too.

I pushed myself of the ground to reach Dobby, just to collapse on the floor again as I was next to him. I supported his head with my hand. Draco didn't even come near Dobby. He was just staring from a distance like he couldn't believe it.

'Did anyone see what happened?' I asked as I didn't take my eyes off Dobby.

'Bellatrix, she hit him with a spell just before we disappeared.' Blaise said quietly.

Luna sat next to me with her hand on my shoulder.

The silence was louder than ever for a while. I couldn't move, none of us could.

'It's always the innocent ones, why is it always the innocent ones?!' I yelled in frustration as drops of sweat were resting on my forehead.

'Amelia- 'Luna said calmly

'No, because I genuinely want to know' I cut her off.

'Dobby was the purest one out of all of us, why did this happen to him?' I gritted my teeth and put my hands in my hair.

'Bullshit, this is bullshit.' My emotions started to act up again, the anger was boiling inside me.

I stood up, not caring about the pain.

'If Bellatrix hadn't caught me, this would've never happened. It's all my bloody fault!'

'it's no one's fault, ok?' Theo stated.

'How is it no one's fault, Nott? Dobby saved all of us, do you get that? He saved all of us without thinking twice about that he might die. He sacrificed his life. I should've handled things differently; I should've used the killing curse on her as soon as I woke up.' I started to yell things out of regret and pain. The fact that I could've prevented this killed me.