Five

Chapter 5

The Pensieve

I noticed that he was distracted.

He wasn't there.

His mind was somewhere else.

There were moments where he just stared at nothing, for a long time.

I had to be there for him.

It would take a lot of time for him to open up to me.

Perhaps never.

I wasn't going to give up.

I was walking through the great hall, trying to find a spot. I looked over at the Gryffindor table where I saw Hermione waving at me. ''Amelia! Sit with us.'' She said with a smile.

I sat down next to her. Across from me was Ron, and a boy with dark hair who I haven't met before.

''You've already met Ron, this is Harry Potter'' she said while looking at him. I introduced myself and shook his hand.

''So where are you from Amelia?'' Harry said with his elbows on the table.

Where am I from? How was I supposed to answer this?

''From all over the place actually, I move a lot'' I said with my eyes looking down at my plate, playing with my fork.

''Wicked!" Ron said with a whole chicken wing in his mouth.

''Ron! That's bloody disgusting'' Hermione said with a disgusted face.

That caused us all to laugh.

As I was laughing, I looked up to the Slytherin table. Draco was sitting there, alone. He was looking at my direction but not at me, right through me.

What was he thinking about?

I was planning on sitting with him, but the moment I wanted to get up from my seat, he left the great hall.

It looked like he was in a rush.

I decided to go after him.

From the direction he was going, I figured it was going to be the bathroom, and I was right.

He rushed to the sink with his hand on it, looking down.

He looked so scared; I saw his whole body shaking. I was standing in the door opening, not daring to say a word.

He looked up in the mirror, his hair all over his forehead and eyes. He looked shocked as he saw me in the mirror behind him, which caused him to immediately turn around.

''G-get the fuck out'' he said with his shaky voice. ''Draco I can help you, more than you know'' I said while trying to get closer to him very slowly. ''I don't need anyone's help, and certainly not from a filthy mud blood!'' He said with a disgusted face.

''Why does it matter that I'm muggle born? We are all the same'' I said. ''Were fucking not, you are worthless'' he said with furrowed eyebrows.

''You disgust me''

''You might as well be a muggle, you're not worthy enough to be a witch.''

''I'd rather pitch myself off the astronomy tower before talking a minute longer with you''

''Get the fuck out before I use my wand on you''

The insults kept coming at me, I was just standing there while he was yelling.