Eighteen

Chapter 18

'Boiling blood'

Time; The healer and the killer.

One day without you.

I opened my eyes slowly as the sun hit my face through the window. It was a beautiful day, but it didn't feel like that for me. I felt even emptier than last night.

What if something happened to him?

I would blame myself; I could have prevented it.

What if I never see him again? What if that kiss, that passionate kiss was the first and last time I'll ever get a taste of his soft lips?

How could an angel, who is supposed to help others to find their way out of the darkness, be stuck in there herself?

Ever since I met him, everything started getting colour again.

But not without hurting.

Caring for him, it hurts.

Me and him, it would not work, it can't be.

I'm not alive, he needs someone who is real. Someone who is not slowly dying all over again.

Not someone like me.

And yet, I'm in love with the impossibility of us.

I figured it was time to get up, even though I wanted to be rolled up in the blanket again since it's the closest thing I have of him right now.

Shower, I should probably shower.

I got out of Draco's clothes, put them on the bed and got in the shower.

Of course, it was bigger than the usual dorm showers.

He is so extra.

As the water hit every inch of my body, I started to overthink everything again.

I hate this.

Why do I always do this?

It was like my mind was my own enemy.

I thought about how Draco must have felt when he had to go back to the Manor because of Tom. Well, he's not Tom anymore.

The fear in Draco's eyes, it haunts me seeing him like that.

I don't care if I get hurt, he has to survive all of this.

I have to make sure of it

I care more about him than myself, way more.

Maybe that's the dangerous part.

What if something happens and I will never see him again, where will I be? The thing that I cared most about in the world would be gone.

My heart skipped a beat when I stared at my feet where the drops of water were falling on. There was blood, not a lot but enough for me to see.

I threw my hand on my back, where my wings are supposed to be. I pulled my hand back and analysed my fingers.

Yes, I was right.

The place where my wings are secured was bleeding again.

Maybe this is what happens when an angel follows the darkness.

The blood stopped after a few seconds, it was just a few drops.

After overthinking in the shower for about 15 minutes, I turned it off and pulled a towel around me.