Four

Chapter 4

'Old Pages'

The next few days did not go as I was planning on. Draco didn't talk to me or even look at me.

He was avoiding me.

It was nighttime, 3.21 AM to be exact. Pansy was already passed out on her bed.I was sitting on my bed, reading a book I picked up at the library earlier that day.

I like reading novels, it's the closest thing I have for love. I still can't feel it, but I know it's there somewhere, hiding in the darkest corners.

My emotions were gone, but my senses were heightened.

I could hear, see, smell, taste and touch better than humans ever will be capable of.

There it was, something no one else in the Slytherin common room heard except for me.

It was him, crying

I could hear his tears falling from his cheeks. He was trying to be as quiet as possible so no one could hear.

He wouldn't let anyone see his emotions, not even his close friends like Blaise. I didn't understand that.

How could you hide your emotions when you have them?

It doesn't make you weak, it makes you strong.

I put on a grey sweater over my tank top and walked to my door. This was my chance.

I opened it very quietly so Pansy wouldn't wake up and closed it the same way behind me. I had my eyes on his door.

The common room was quiet, except for the water drops hitting the ground outside from the rain.

And his tears.

I reached his door and stood there, not moving a muscle.

Should I knock?

After thinking about it for a minute, I decided to knock on his door.

I gave it two soft knocks; it was enough for him to hear. He immediately stopped crying, like it never happened.

''Draco, I know you're not sleeping'' I said softly while putting my hand on the door. ''Please open the door'' I added.

I heard nothing for the first 2 minutes, not a single sound. But I did not want to leave just yet.

''It's okay, take your time.'' I said with a calming voice.

I finally heard footsteps walking towards the door. The doorknob turned and the door was opened.

He stared at me with no emotion on his face whatsoever, but that didn't hide the fact that his eyes were red and swollen. The dark circles under them were still there and his hair was messy.

But I saw something, I saw that he wanted to cry again. He was trying so hard not to.

Without thinking about it, I took a step closer and threw my arm over his neck, hugging him tightly.

''Don't hold back your tears, you don't have to'' I said.

He just stood there, not pushing me away but just standing there with his arms still down. He wasn't hugging me back. I could see that he was surprised.

His body was pressed up against mine, I had to stand on my toes to reach his neck.

After a little while, he rested his head in my shoulder and put his hand on my back. The tears started flowing over his cheeks again.

He needed this, he just needed someone to be there for him.

This act he was putting on; being mean to everyone. It's not him, it was to hide the fact that he's scared and sad.

All the time.

He let go of his grip after a little while and pushed me away softly.

''Go'' he said, his eyes focused on his door.

''Did you finish it?'' I said while pointing at the novel on his bed.

''No'' he said as his eyes went back on mine.

''Do you want me to read it for you" I asked kindly.

''What am I? five?'' he said while letting out a scoff and looking to his side.

''Without asking for permission any further, I brushed past him and grabbed the book.

''Let me read one page, if you don't like it, I'll leave right away'' I said.

''You're not going to give up, are you?'' he said with crossed arms.

''Never''

I finally agreed. He sat on his bed with his back resting against the wall while I sat by his legs across from him with the book in my hand.

I crossed my legs and focused my eye on the page while Draco had his on mine.

''You better not stain my bed with your filthy blood.'' He added.

I looked up to him with a cold look and then down to the page, I started reading.

''I gave him my heart, and he took and pinched it to death; and flung it back to me. People feel with their hearts, Ellen, and since he has destroyed mine, I have no power to feel for him''

Draco didn't take his eyes off me the whole time, I kept thinking that he would stop me and tell me to leave, but he didn't.

I ended up reading the rest of the night, with him listening peacefully.

It was me, him, Wuthering heights and the rain still pouring outside.

The morning came, I woke up, still in Draco's bed. I had fallen asleep on his lap.

I knew I had to get up, but I just didn't want to leave.

I wanted to stay there.

But I had to, and when I did, he was already awake.

His grey eyes never failed to amaze me.

His hair was in front of his eyes.

''How did you know I was, crying last night?'' he said, still not moving. ''I don't know, I just heard you'' I didn't come up with anything to back this up this time.

''Why didn't you ask me why I was crying then?'' he said while putting his hand with his ring on his neck.

''Because you'll tell me when you know you're ready''

''It's time for you to leave now'' he said ''I have things to do'' he added.

There it was again, his pages were closing again, he wouldn't let me read him.

He stood up and waited for me to leave. And I did.

When I reached for the door and opened it, he came up behind me and shut it again.

I turned around; his face was so close that our noses almost touched. He had one arm next to me, the one he used to slam the door shut.

''No one can ever fucking find out about whatever this was, understood?'' he said as he looked at my lips and then back to my eyes.

I nodded.

He opened the door for me and the moment I stepped outside, he slammed it shut again.

What's with this dude and slamming doors.