Two

Chapter 2

'Wuthering Heights'

The evening came, I decided I wanted to visit the library. I always liked reading before going to sleep.

I reached the library and searched for a book to read. After 5 minutes of looking at the old wooden shelves, I turned the corner of one of the bookshelves. There he was again.

He was sitting on the ground reading a book while leaning against the shelf with his back. He looked peaceful.

He had one hand in his platinum blonde hair and the other holding the book. I decided to sit next to him, he didn't notice me until I started talking.

''What are you reading?'' I asked while looking at his book. He immediately turned his head to me with furrowed eyebrows. ''You again'' he said with a disgusted look on his face while looking back at the old pages of his book. ''Amelia Bright'' I said, still looking at his grey eyes from the side. ''Did I ask?'' he said, still not looking at me.

I started to read a few sentences from his book, I immediately recognised it. ''Wuthering Heights'' I said while still looking at the book. This time, he finally looked at me. His grey eyes met my brown ones.

''Did you read this?'' he said while pulling his hand out of his almost white hair. '' I did, twice'' I said. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face.

''What? Surprised I can read?''

''No, it's just, most girls here don't like reading'' he said. ''What was your name again?'' He added. ''Amelia Bright'' I said when I saw him with a confused look. ''Bright? I don't know any wizard families with that last name''

Here goes nothing.

''I'm a muggle born witch'' I said while waiting for a response.

''So, you're just another filthy fucking mud blood?'' he said with his cold look back on his face again. ''Yes, is there something wrong with that?'' I said while looking him deeper in his eyes.

He paused for a minute before speaking again. ''Of course there is! bloody fucking mud blood, how dare you talk to me'' he said while standing up and throwing the book at one of the shelves.

''What's the difference then?'' I asked while standing up too, facing him. ''The difference between a mud blood and a pureblood? Are you that fucking stupid?'' he said.

''I can't see a difference; we are all the same Draco'' I said while stepping closer to him. He immediately stepped back. ''Then you're dumber than I thought, mud blood'' he said while walking away from me

Again

This was going to be harder than I thought.

I picked up the book from the ground and decided to read it again in my dorm since it has been a long time.

I reached the Slytherin common room with the book behind my two arms. I saw a tiny glimpse of Draco; he was standing in the opening of his dorm room door. He looked at me for a few seconds and then at the book I was holding before closing the door, hard.

I closed my dorm room behind me and turned on the light. I had the room to myself. I was quite happy about that because I always check my wings before going to sleep.

I walked to the mirror and closed my eyes, when I opened them, they were visible again. Beautiful as always.

Was this the way it had to be? me being an angel sent from above to save Draco Malfoy.

I knew that it was going to be hard for him to open up after today. It's like he's a closed book with a lock on it and he won't let anyone read it.

Was he ever going to open up to me?

My thoughts got cut off after I heard aggressive knocks on my door, I quickly hid my wings and answered the door.

When I opened it, I saw the girl that was with Blaise earlier today. She didn't even look at me. ''FUCK YOU DRACO, AS IF I FUCKING NEED YOU'' she yelled to Draco's dorm, but the door was already slammed shut.

She pushed me aside. ''I'm sleeping here from now on, mud blood''

She then got in one of the two beds and laid on her side, her back facing me.

After a minute I figured to ask her what was wrong, even though she didn't seem to like me.

''Are you okay?" I said with my soft voice. ''Just shut up and let me sleep'' she said. After a few moments she decided to speak again.

''Am I pretty?'' she said with a sad voice, it sounded like she was tearing up. ''of course you are'' I said while sitting down on my bed.

''Why doesn't he love me then? Why doesn't Draco love me the way I love him''

Love, I don't know anything about love and certainly not how it feels like to love someone.

''Maybe you should give him some time, he seems to be stressed now'' I said while playing with the pages of the book.

''Don't tell me what to do!'' she said while putting the pillow on her head ''I just need some fucking sleep'' she added.

After a few minutes she fell asleep, that gave me the opportunity to read peacefully.

As I was reading Wuthering Heights, I saw some tear stains on some of the old pages, he had been crying.

Please let me in Draco.

The morning came, the sunlight coming from the windows hit my face. I turned my head to the left to see that she had already left. I got up and stretched my body. I heard knocks coming from the door, again.

I walked over to the door and before I could touch the doorknob, I heard a voice coming from behind it. ''Bright, open up'' he said, I recognised it immediately. It was Draco.

I opened the door and there he was, standing in front of me with his grey eyes and pale skin. He looked at my pyjama shorts and tank top before he started speaking. ''I didn't finish the book yet, give it to me'' he said while looking in my eyes again. ''You could ask nicely'' I said while grabbing the book from my bed. ''not bloody likely'' he said. ''why not?" I said while looking at him with the book still in my hands.

''look I don't have a lot of patience right now mud blood'' he said while putting his hand on the door frame. ''I like that you read novels, it's different'' I said with a smile. He looked at me with a confused look, like he never received a compliment before.

He stayed quiet for a few seconds before parting his lips again to say something, but I gave the book back before he could. ''see you in class'' I said with a smile while closing the door.