Eight

Chapter 8

'You know who'

I was sitting on the couch of the Slytherin common room, reading. It must've been late since It was dark outside and there was no sound at all.

Until one of the doors swung open and closed again. It was Draco's.

He walked as fast as he could to the door of the common room, he was in a rush and looked scared which caused him to not even notice me sitting there.

I decided to go after him.

I was trying to be as quiet as possible, I wanted to see where he was headed.

He was almost running through the halls of the castle, and I was behind him with a distance.

He got to a hallway where he closed his eyes and opened them again which revealed a big room, I knew this room all too well.

The room of requirement.

He walked over to a big cabin and took out his wand out of his pocket.

I walked over to him.

Without having to say a word, he noticed me standing behind him.

''Are you out of your bloody mind?'' he said as he grabbed my arm tightly.

''What are you doing here in the middle of the night Draco'' I asked with my wrist still in his hands.

''That's none of your fucking business, don't you get it? I am messed up Bright!'' he said with a raised voice.

He was trying to push me away, push everyone away. He was trying to scare me, but I knew I wasn't going to leave him, not like this.

He covered up the fact that he was in pain with being mean to everyone, shutting them out.

Many people see Draco as just a bully, a terrible person.

That is not what I see when I look at him.

I see a boy, just a boy who was raised with hatred and was taught the wrong things. He was forced to please his Parents which were involved in the darkness, he didn't ask for any of this.

He was just scared.

He can't shut me out, I won't allow it.

''You're not messed up, you're just in pain Draco'' I said as I grabbed his arm, the one he was using to hold my wrist.

''W-what are you doing? DON'T!'' he said as his heart started beating faster, the sweat over his forehead flowing down.

I quickly pulled his sleeve up to reveal the thing I was excepting.

The dark mark.

He pulled his arm back, covering it again with his sleeve.

''Don't fuckin touch that, how dare you!'' he said with furrowed eyebrows and eyes filled with tears.

''Draco, don't be ashamed, please.'' I said calmly.

''Please let me take a closer look at it, you can trust me'' I added as I slowly moved my hand to grab his arm again.

''I'd never see you in a different way because of that, Draco'' I said as I finally reached his arm again.

He didn't pull away this time.

I pulled the sleeve back up again, revealing the mark.

I took my thumb I rubbed over it, very gently.