Three

Chapter 3

'Healing'

Potions, that's my first class at Hogwarts after all these years. I put on my Slytherin skirt and robe. One last look in the mirror.

When I saw myself wearing my Slytherin uniform again, all the memories came back.

Slytherin is misunderstood. We are not all bad, we are hard workers.

I am proud to be in Slytherin, forever.

I tied my hear up into a messy high ponytail since I didn't much time left anymore. Grabbed my potions book and went out the door.

I can't believe I remembered where the class was, the same wooden walls still.

I knew I had this class with the Gryffindor and my own house. I walked in the classroom to see that the teacher wasn't there yet. ''Bright! Come sit with me'' Blaise said sitting on the other side of the classroom in the corner. I gave him a smile and walked over to his table.

''isn't Draco supposed to be in this class?'' I said while putting my book on the table.

''Do you have something to tell me Bright?'' he said with a grin on his face. ''What do you mean?'' I said with a confused look on my face. ''I'm just messing with you''

The door swung open very loudly with the professor coming out of it. I heard about him; this must've been Professor Snape.

''Turn to the page 394'' he said while looking at the whole classroom. ''Where is Malfoy?'' he said while looking at Blaise. ''I don't kn-'' Blaise was cut off by the person entering the classroom, it was Draco.

''Late again, are we Mr Malfoy.'' Snape said. No response from Draco, he didn't even bother to look at him. He sat down next to Blaise, across from me.

''10 points will be taken away from Slytherin'' Snape added while turning his back to the class.

Draco just sat there, lifeless. He didn't look at anyone, just down at his table. No emotion on his face

Numb

I guess I was staring too long at him. His head stayed down but his grey eyes looked up and met mine, he felt me staring at him.

He had dark circles around his eyes and looked paler than usual. He looked so tired, he needed a break. Not just from school but from the darkness that was surrounding him.

We just looked at each other while Snape was explaining something about a potion. I don't know how long his eyes were burning on mine but one thing I knew, I didn't want it to end.

I bit my lower lip, causing him to look at it. ''You may get your ingredients from the table now'' Snape said interrupting our, whatever it was.

I stood up from my chair and walked over to the ingredients next to a Gryffindor table. As I was picking out what I needed for my potion, I heard them arguing. ''Ronald! It clearly says here to cut it in pieces, not throw the whole bloody thing in there!'' the girl with curls and freckles all over her face said. ''you do it then if you're so clever, go on!'' The redheaded boy said frustrated.

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle, which the girl heard.

She turned around ''I've never seen you before, are you new" she said with a smile on her face. '' I am, Amelia Bright. Pleasure to meet you''

''I'm Hermione Granger and this is Ron Weasely'' she said. Before I could say anything, the potion that they were making made a small explosion causing the bottle to explode with it. ''BLOODY HELL'' Ron said while looking at the pieces of glass laying there all over the table and ground. ''RON, I TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT THE LIQUID IN THERE!'' Hermione said with a frustrated tone, pointing to a tiny bottle.

''I'll help you clean up'' I said while putting down my ingredients. As I was picking up the pieces of glass, I accidentally cut the inside of my hand. ''Shit! Are you okay?'' Ron said with a worried face while looking at my hand. I quickly covered it with my other hand.

''it's fine, I'll just stop by the hospital wing to get a band aid.'' I said while almost running out of the classroom.

One thing you must know, angels heal very quickly. No one can ever know I am an angel, so I had to hide the fact that the cut was almost faded away already.

As I was walking through the big halls, I felt someone behind me.

Draco Malfoy.

I turned around and he looked at me with parted lips and furrowed eyebrows. ''Give me your hand'' he said while reaching his hand out.

But I couldn't of course.

''I'm fine Draco'' I said while putting my hand behind my back.

''It wasn't a fucking question'' he said, still reaching his hand out. I looked up at him, not understanding why he cared so suddenly.

''Bright, don't test my patience now'' he said as he got a step closer to me. I felt his minty breath on my face and the apple scent that was hovering over him.

He tried to grab my hand himself, but I took a step back before he could.

He grabbed my waist with his right hand and pulled me closer again so that he could grab my hand with his free hand.

I had no choice anymore, he was holding my wrist and looking at the inside of my hand. He looked confused, very confused.

''Is this a bloody joke?'' he said while looking in my eyes again.

'' I told you I'm fine'' I said as I felt his grip on my waist getting tighter.

''I saw it with my own eyes, the glass cut your hand I saw the blood'' he said as he took one more look at my hand again.

''It wasn't my blood, it was Ron's'' I said, hoping that he would fall for it.

His eyes met mine again, his hand still on my waist. We were closer than ever now.

''Are you getting enough sleep?'' I said after looking deep into his eyes for a minute.

He let go of my wrist and waist and took a small step back.

''Don't pretend like you fucking care, no one does'' he said while looking at the ground trying to avoid eye contact with me.

''I do'' I said while stepping closer again. ''Why would you think no one cares about you Draco?'' I added. ''Because I'm fucking messed up'' he said with furrowed eyebrows, looking at me again.

''Don't call me by my first name, filthy little mud blood!'' he said while walking back to potions.

I saw the slightest bit of hurt in his eyes, but he just covered it up with calling me a mud blood.

Does he truly believe that people who are muggle born are not as worthy as purebloods?

Or was it something he was taught?