Seventeen

Chapter 17

'Grey'

'So, what are we looking for exactly?' Draco brushed his shoulder off as we entered my old house.

'It's supposed to be some kind of necklace.' Hermione said as she looked around the house.

I stepped in after them.

As soon as I stepped a foot inside, my eyes got locked on to the living room, all the memories came flashing back before my eyes. This was my life with my mom.

Everything has changed, I don't live here anymore.

I can't even imagine living here without her by my side. She left too soon. Draco hasn't fully opened up to me, I don't know if he ever will.

My mom is gone, and I don't even know who my dad is.

I have no one. But is it even worth it?

Why should I start living when I'm not even truly alive to begin with?

'Amelia, do you want to go back outside?' The cold touch of Hermione's hand on my shoulder woke me up from my thoughts.

My eyes went to hers.

'No, it's-it's fine, let's just find the Horcrux.' I stuttered as I started walking further into my house.

I was standing behind the couch as I brushed my hand against it, I felt the dust under my fingertips. It's been a long time.

After years and years, everything still looks the same.

Draco put his hand on top of mine, comforting me. I felt the cold touch of his rings.

I looked up at him.

I mouthed a silent 'thank you.'

He nodded, still with his hand on mine.

'So, do you have any idea where the necklace could be?' Hermione interrupted as she was looking at the old, dusty shelves.

'Probably not here, I think.' My eyes locked on the stairs.

'I'm gonna go to my room to check.' I added with hesitation.

I started walking, but Draco didn't let go of my hand.

'I'll come with you, ok?' he whispered as I looked back at him over my shoulder.

Hermione was still analysing old books as we walked up the stairs together.

We reached the end of the stairs, I stopped walking for a moment before turning the corner where my room was.

Draco turned to me.

He put his hands on my cheeks and gently pushed my head up, making eye contact. He didn't say a word, nor did I.

But he knew, he knew this was hard for me, even though I didn't tell him, or even Hermione.

It's like he always knows what's going on with me.

After staring deeply into my eyes, he came closer. He pressed his soft lips against my forehead, giving a gentle kiss.

That comforted me so much, it helped me.

His eyes went back to mine.

'I'm here.' He whispered.

He grabbed my hand again and we turned the corner, I was ready now.

There it was, my room with everything still in it, exactly in the same position. Even if it looked the same, it didn't feel the same. I looked abandoned, like the life was drained out of it, I can't really explain it.