Page 14

"Drive," I stated and he did. "Do you know where my place is?"
"Yeah. I'll take you guys there." Karl drove us there and came in with us. She wanted to play minecraft and stream on my account, so I disconnected the camera and let her create a new account while she streamed.

"Hi, guys. I'm Drista on Miranda's account. Her house is really cool. I met Karl too. Thanks for subs even though it's for Miranda," Drista said.

"Do you have food?" Karl asked me and I opened a dresser drawer. He grabbed takis and sat on my bed. Dream came over later and came in through the bathroom window.

"My balcony's easier," I said.

"I like the smell of your bathroom. Drista, we have to go. Mom's waiting for you," Dream told her and tapped her shoulder. She held up a fork and stabbed his hand. "Put the fork down! Are you streaming?"

"Yes," she said.

"On whose account?"

"Miranda's. She's cool. She bought me stuff that you'd never buy for me. Sorry, chat. My annoying brother is here."

"I hate you. And you," he pointed at me. "Hi, Patches."

"No! I get her for a week," I pulled her away.

"She's literally my cat."

"Can you shut up?" Drista asked him. "How do I end stream?"

"Just say your finally byes and then press that," I pointed and she ended.

"Okay, bye," Dream gave me a quick kiss and took Drista.

"Bye," she gave me a hug, took her bags, and left.

"You're dating Dream?" Karl asked.

"Don't tell anyone," I said.

"Who knows?"

"Sap, Drista, you, and my fam." Karl had to go home so I was left alone again. I worked on the new song that I had done on my live and it was pretty good with the beat. I saw Corpse was online and messaged him asking if he was free. He said he was so I called.

"Hello," he said.

"Hey. I know you're faceless and all, but do you wanna, like, come over?" I asked.

"Um..."

"It's okay if you say no. I just needed some help on something."

"When do you want me to come over?" He asked. "It kind of depends on that. Not that I don't trust you seeing my face 'cause you've seen Ranboo and Dream."

"If you send me your calendar, I can see when it works for both of us." He sent it to me and I thought. "You're free the rest of today? And tomorrow?"

"Yeah. But you have something."

"Mine was just recording. I can extend my hours for tomorrow..." I thought.

"Okay. If you wanna text me your address, I'll head out now."

"Okay. I texted it to you. Dumb question, what do you want your profile pic to be? Right now I have it as Bingus."

"Leave it as Bingus."

"Okay. See you in a few then." I hung up and told my front security to let Corpse in. He rang my bell and I opened the door. He had his mask on and was kind of fidgeting. I let him in and he looked around. "Hi," I said and he waved awkwardly. "Okay... Um, follow me." I took him to the dining room and had files. "So my contract with my agents ends tomorrow. They're refusing to let me release a song. What do you do?"

"W-What do you mean?"

"Do you have agents?"

"No."

"Okay. So where do you record?"

"In my apartment."

"Elaborate."

"Okay. I don't have any agents, so I record on my own in my apartment. I use my gameroom since I only have that, the living room/kitchen, and then the bedroom. So when I had to do the collab with Gaspare, we recorded alone in his studio without his team. I tried with a team for a month and they think they control your songs. That's why I split from the contract. I wanted to do my own thing, release stuff when I wanted to, and they didn't like anything I did." Corpse looked at the old contract and picked it up, reading it. "Do you mind if I..."

"Go ahead," I said and he continued.

"Okay. They're breaking their contract in the first place," he said. "See, here is says that what you make is supposed to be monitored by them and the producer is supposed to talk to you before they decline it."

"Never did that."

"Exactly so I would say, don't sign the contract tomorrow. It'll get a bit confusing on what you're supposed to do, but I think you'd work better doing things on your own without a team. I don't wanna make that choice for you, but I'm sure you don't want them repeating this."

"Yeah," I said.

"What's this?" He held up the flash drive.

"I spent my afternoon the other day pulling my declined songs from their files and then deleting it for them."

"Wanna release one? I can show you how."

"Sure, I guess."

"Okay. Take me to your work computer or something." I took him to my second set up in my storage room and he sat after I logged in. He still had his mask on and I didn't want to pressure him to take it off. He plugged it in and opened the file of songs. "Does it matter which one?"

"Do the oldest one." He played it and listened.

"I fuck with it. Okay. Who was it with?" He asked.

"It's called Lost In The Middle of Nowhere with Kane Brown."

"Nice. So to release it you'd..." He explained to me what to do and then before he released it, he closed everything and took the flash drive out. "You try." He got up and I tried. I got it and he got his phone out and went to instagram. "She has a new song coming out soon," he said and  showed the computer that was loading. He posted it on his story and put his phone away. The song released and I turned to him.

"What does your gameroom look like? I don't own a studio, so I wanna set up one in a separate room."

"You'll need sound proof material. I don't have that which is why I'm so paranoid, but it's helpful for sound quality. What mic do you generally use?"