𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱

NOTE
This story is the second part of a series if you haven't already please read 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞: 𝐈𝐭 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬 first then come back to read this story.

Now please enjoy

𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱

The sun was setting through the light clouds down on Ares as she strolled past the garden on her way back to Alfea. She had been training with Saul Silva and the other specialists quite often, today being one of those days. Since semester break was coming to a close he had made arrangements for longer sessions in case anything happened in the coming school year.

Though none of her acknowledged friends were there to help her along with training, she was glad the teachers allowed her to stay rather than go back to Gardenia.

"The school year starts again tomorrow, are you ready?" Mrs. Faragonda welcomed Ares as she made her way through the large gates and back onto Alfea grounds. Ares nodded lightly thankful for her help "I couldn't have done it without you, you've taught me so much, I feel guilty putting you through all my training without it getting very far." Sadly looking down at her hands before Faragonda chuckled.

"Oh don't be silly, I believe that you will unlock your transformation soon. It's not your fault your powers are incomplete, don't pull yourself down because of it. You've completed amazing feats with what you have." Faragonda mentioned the recent discovery made about Ares's powers.

"Though your powers are great, you're still missing a large portion of them. The Shadow Phoenix is known for its ability to do many things, only a few of them accessible to you" Faragonda leaned forward in her chair, Ares tilting her head in concern. "How do you-"

"Your powers are incomplete and until you find what completes them you won't be able to fully transform" Faragonda spoke sadly as she looked down at her hands. Ares simply left the office and went to training, hoping to get her mind off the idea that she might never become a true fairy.

"Thank you Mrs. Faragonda, I'm going to go get some rest before tomorrow. Have a good night" Faragonda thanked the young student as she watched her leave, the quiet halls were growing slightly rowdy with the teachers preparing for their students' return.

"Professor Palladium!" Ares made her way over to the elf who quickly turned to her with a smile, "Is there something I can do for you, Miss Peters?" He put down the box he was moving into his room as she shook her head "no I'm alright, but since it's a bit early I was gonna ask if you needed help setting up your classroom?"

The teacher laughed lightly in reminisce of his old student "you aren't in many of my classes this year" she chuckled at his response "but still, I wanna make it easier for you since the girls always think it's funny to tease you" she laughed remembering all the times last year girls would do little things to make him blush.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about" he rushed the box into the classroom only to be followed by Ares who was laughing at her teacher's embarrassment.

It wasn't very hard for Ares, lifting boxes into the room for Palladium as he decorated. After about an hour she transferred all the boxes and excused herself back to her room. The dorm was cold and quiet lacking the life it had encased the previous year as there was no one to fill the empty spaces with their noise.

She sighed as she slung her training bag onto her bed, remembering that everyone was coming back the next day. And oh was she excited. Waking up at 6 am, she prepared herself for their return. Stepping onto the large garden, the tall black gates open as students, new and returning, entered the grounds.