Snow at first sight

The bright morning lights beamed through the gap of your curtains, waking you from you deep slumber.
As you sat up you heard the pitter patter of tiny paws on the ground. You immediately smiled, the door opened up to reveal your beautiful golden retriever puppy, Bailey. His tongue was out and happily wagging his tail.

Opening up your arms and he jumped onto the bed and snuggled himself up to you, his head resting on your arm.

Bailey was your bestfriend. Whenever you had a bad days or even great days he would be your comforter, he would give you plenty of snuggles making you happy. He obeyed all your commands and was never bad towards anyone. He was—is perfect.

"Let's see what the day has to offer" Bailey jumped off you as you stood up to open your curtains.

Upon pulling on the fabric a excited gasp escaped your lips. Everything was covered in white, the white snow had fallen through the night. "Wow Bailey, it's your first snow day" you smile as you place him in your arms.

The beautiful sight made you smile. As much as you loved the hot weather and getting a tan the snow always reminded you of being a little girl. You would go sledging with your family and come home to have a nice warm bath and a hot chocolate.

But now living on your own those occasions had stopped. Bailey softly barked as he saw the snow fall to the ground. You kissed his head before making your way downstairs to make some breakfast.

Sometime later

Grabbing your coat, scarf, gloves and hat you wrapped yourself up in many layers. You put on Bailey's collar and leash and headed out the door. "Let's go and explore" you said as you stepped out onto the snowy grounds. Once you locked your door and headed out. With Bailey walking beside you he happily played in the snow, his tiny paws leaving prints behind him.

Once you arrived at the park you pulled your phone out of your pocket and took a photo of your little boy.

You smiled happily as you played with Bailey

You smiled happily as you played with Bailey. Throwing threw the ball back and forth he was able to stretch his tiny little legs.

"It won't be this small for that much longer" a deep voice spoke from behind you making you jolt. Turning around your whole life froze.

 Turning around your whole life froze