Beginning (2)

Over 4K reads on this book. Wow thank you all so much!
•••

Taehyung looked away from my wide eyes, "Tae" I spoke more strongly, He sighed.

"I'm sorry to bother you both but I need to close up for the night." The elderly gentleman said as he approached us. "No worries, thank you for the drink" I smile before leave the cafe, heading out onto a quiet road.

The soft spring breeze flew through the streets. I closed my eyes as we walked remembering all the fun times I had when I was a child. Remembering all the times me and Taehyung would walk through these streets on our way home from school.

"Shall we?" Taehyung asked softly gesturing me to sit down on a bench, I nodded faintly taking a seat.

"Where did it go all wrong?" Taehyung suddenly asked with a sad whisper. "I don't know" I replied looking down to my hands. "I miss you so much, the moment you ran out and left I thought I wouldn't see you again." I looked up to the trees listening to them rustle in the wind. "I wish I could say I'm sorry for running but your girlfriend she-" "girlfriend" Taehyung spoke with a chuckle, "she isn't my girlfriend she was just an old friend."

I rolled my eyes. "Isn't that what they always say? She's just an old friend. Which then turns into a relationship and the bestfriend is soon forgotten about. It seemed way more then that by the smile you gave her the other day." Taehyung looked at me with shock. "Y-you saw me?" I turned away, "yes, me and Jungkook were in the mall as he was helping me choose your birthday present. But when we left the store we saw you with her. You looked so happy, and I've never seen you like that before." My voice began to brake.

"But I guess you then saw me and Jungkook together." Taehyung nodded. "I did see you, but the moment I did my heart shattered. Yes I may have been smiling with her but that doesn't replace my feelings for you." I stood up, "So you have feelings for me yet your arms were wrapped around her like a boyfriend would?" Taehyung sat in silence.

"You know what I'm done. I've been in love with you for the longest time, you have no idea how many times I've tried to tell you. No one else knew until that day and Jungkook clocked on. He kept the secret but deep down I hated him knowing, I tired to shrug it off but no. It felt like my world came tumbling down." Tears welled in my eyes.

Taehyung's face softened as he looked at me. "No" he spoke standing up and pulling me into his embrace. "Please don't cry, I'm sorry."

I nuzzled my head into his chest, wrapping my hands up around his arms. "I-i love you" I cried. "I love you too." I chuckled as I pulled away, Taehyung was quick to wipe away my tears. "Let me make it up to you." "H-how?" I sniffled.

"Let me take you back" he gently cupped my cheeks. "Let me take you back and do all the things we did as teenagers before we moved away. Let's go bowling, let's go get ice cream and let me take you to that restaurant you've always wanted to go to." I looked into Taehyung's eyes.

"Ok" I breathed out. Taehyung smiled. "Ok, now can we go home?" I nodded cuddling into him. He kissed my forehead. "Let's go home and eat some cake." My eyes widened, "shit it's still your birthday Tae" I shout in shock. "I know-" "I completely ruined your day." Taehyung chuckled, "no you didn't, you made it ten times better." I stood confused. "You made it better by telling me you loved me. You have no idea how long I've waited for you to say that, let alone me tell you that too."