Chapter 50

Maddie's POV

It's been 3 weeks. He still hasn't budged. Everyone's starting to lose faith in him, saying he's gone and will never return.

His parents were locked up last week, they lost their court case when the others and I testified for what happened.

I sit by Liam's side, holding his hand. I've tried so many ways to get through to him, but nothing seems to work. I've tried squeezing his hand, talking to him, everything.

In all the books we read, the main character can squeeze the injured's hand and everything will be ok. They'll wake up and go on with life as if nothing had happened. God how I wish life was like a book.

My art has taken a turn for the worst. I can't draw the same things anymore. I never see myself drawing happy souls anymore, but only dark, gloomy ones. I suppose it's because I can't feel Liam's soul anymore. He's gone quiet on me. I can no longer feel his heat, his fingers are cold.

Even though he's this way, I know he's still there. I know he's in there somewhere. The Liam that sat by the fire with me and the others, he's there. The Liam that kisses my hand when I'm upset, he's there. The Liam that loved me, he has to be there.

I begin to think of all the wonderful things Liam has done for me. Romantic dates, movie nights, writing songs...

That's it. A song! If I write a song for him, he'll wake up! It has to work!

I quickly stand up and run to get my guitar from my house. I don't even bother waiting for the automatic doors to open all the way, I just squeeze through them at the first possible chance I can.

I return ten minutes later with my guitar and a notepad. I look at him, lying motionless on the white sheets. My fingers move across the guitar, strumming random chords until I'm happy with their pattern. Once I have some lyrics down, I put it together and sing to him.

"Hello there, the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue, the unsuspecting victim, of darkness in the valley, we can live like Jack and Sally if you want, you can always find me, we'll have Halloween on Christmas, in the night, we'll wish this never ends, wish this never ends, I miss you, I miss you," I sing and strum.

Tears start to stream down my face as I sing, all my emotions pouring out, "Where are you, and I'm so sorry, I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight, I need somebody and always, this six stringed darkness, comes creeping on, so haunting everytime, as I stare right down at, the webs from all these spiders, catching things and eating their insides, like indecision to call you, and hear your voice of treason, will you come home and stop this pain tonight? Stop this pain tonight," I sing angrily.

Angry at what, I don't know. But angry indeed, for I've lost my lover to a nasty darkness. "Don't waste your time on me, you're already, the voice inside my head, I miss you, I miss you," I finish.

I jump a little when I hear claps, but I don't look up. I don't want the others to see my crying.

"Go away guys," I say sadly, frowning at my lap.

"Oh darling, what's the matter?"

I pull my head up so fast I could've gotten whiplash, but I don't care.

My baby's awake.

{YAYAYAYAY LIAM WOKE UP AWE AND ITS A DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY WOW

So thanks for reading ily all, if I end this book, I'll start another Miam one the next day bc in all honesty I love writing about miam and I'm still working on starting up my nallori book. But like I said, I'll write the two books at the same time and neither book will affect the other's updating schedule. So yeah, watch out for those, thanks for reading! Ily!

Ps. MADDIE THIS IS FOR YOU ILY}