Chapter 8

Songs I listened to while writing this chapter:

If You Don't Know- 5SOS

Wrapped Around Your Finger- 5SOS

Rejects- 5SOS

Take Me To Church- Hozier

Maddie's POV

As soon as I walk into my house, I run to my room, slamming the door behind me. It's a good thing my parents are at the movies together, because I would've gotten in so much trouble for slamming my door.

My parents are so strict, it's ridiculous. I'm a 16 year old girl, and I can't even watch what I want to on TV.

I throw myself onto the bed and sob into my pillow. Whatever chances I had with Liam are completely gone after what I tried to do. I can't believe I tried to kiss him. What was I thinking?! He wouldn't want to kiss a loser like me.

I sigh and roll off my bed, hitting my foot on the way down.

"OW," I say reaching down to inspect it. Not broken, but it hurts.

I turn and grab my headphones and my phone off my dresser, and turn to the door.

As I walk out into the frigid afternoon air, rain pours onto my head and I shove the headphones into my ear and select a song.

I put my phone away, and decide to walk to the left of my house. I can't deal with this stuff anymore. I just want Liam to be mine. I can't wait any longer! I did my waiting! Three years of it in Azkaba- ok wait no no back on track.

But I really do need Liam. I've been infatuated with him for years now. He's all I think about now, and I don't know what stupid part of me thought it would be okay to try to kiss him. He's the quarterback of the football team for crying out loud! He'll never like me back! Not in a million years.

I'm so angry with myself, and my foot hurts, and I'm just angry.

Suddenly, the song Take Me To Church blares through my headphones.

I start to scream the lyrics into the cold air as rain falls onto my face.

"IF IM A PAGON OF THE GOOD TIMES, MY LOVER IS MY SUNLIGHT, KEEP THE GODDESS ON MY SIDE, SHE DEMANDS A SACRIFICE, DRAIN THE WHOLE SEA, GET SOMETHING SHINY," I scream.

Before I know it, my feet take me to Liam's house, and my hand knocks on the door.