Chapter 22

Maddie's POV

I didn't know what to say when Liam invited me to spend the night. I don't know whether he wanted me to as a friend, or as his girlfriend. I still don't know where I stand, and that bugs me.

I don't even know if he likes me or not. I don't know how to find out either.

"Do you need to take a shower? You can use my bathroom or the guest one," Liam offers kindly.

I nod, and follow him to his bathroom.

When I walk in his room, my eyes are drawn to all the football jerseys hung on his wall. His past numbers, all the trophies lined up, everything is football related.

"Wow," I mutter in awe of the abundance of it.

"I know, I'm counting down the days until I can rip it all down and break every trophy," he says, opening his bathroom door, "Here's the bathroom, lemme know if you need anything."

Before he exits the room, he turns around and kisses my cheek.

"You look really pretty in this lighting," he says, exiting the room, leaving me blushing.

***

I step out of the shower and into Liam's bedroom. I didn't bring extra clothes, because I didn't think I'd be sleeping over.

I look at the items of clothing Liam has laid out for me to wear. As I put them on, the material starts to bunch up everywhere, since they're a bit too big.

Dressed head to toe in Liam's sweats and an old t-shirt, with wet hair, I go back down to the living room.

"Thanks for leaving me clothes to wear," I smile and plop down next to him on the couch.

"No problem," he turns to smile at me, "It was hard to find stuff that wouldn't swallow you since you're so tiny!"

He smiles his adorable smile and pokes my side. I laugh and do the same to him. Both of us having the mental capacity of a two year old, we get into a full on poking war. Sooner than later, pillows are flying across the room as we both his behind the fortresses we built.

"YOU'RE NEVER GONNA MAKE IT OUTTA THERE ALIVE PAYNE, MARK MY WORDS!"

"OH YEAH, WELL BRING IT ON SWEETHEART, I COULD SIT HERE ALL DAY!"

I blush behind my fortress at the nickname he gave me.

Sweetheart.

He called me sweetheart.

Naturally, to return the favor, I chuck a pillow at him.

The pillow knocks down his fortress, along with his hopes of beating me, and I dance in success.

"HA HA I BEAT YOU I BEAT YOU HA HA," I shout in triumph.

"NO FAIR I WAS DISTRACTED!" He retaliates.

"OH LOOK AT ME IM BIG BAD LIAM, AND IM A SORE LOSE-"

I'm cut off by the smooth feel of his skin on mine. He backs me against the wall and holds my hands above his head.

"What if I let you win?" He says, smirking a half smirk.

As his lips lean in and connect to mine, I feel a spark I've never felt before.

Love.

{WOO SO MIAM IS PROBABLY GONNA MAKE OUT JUST SAYIN

Well thanks for reading this you guys, you're amazing and I love each and every single one of you! Please leave feedback! Love yoouuuu

Ps. MADDIE YOU JUST DIED I CAN TELL}