10.

Calibraska ahhhhhh
_________________________

"It'll make you feel better. All you have to do is take two spoonfuls of it,"

"I don't want it,"

"Please?" Jack pouts and reaches for my wrist.

"Stop it. I'm fine, I don't need medicine," I cough.

"Yeah," Jack sarcastically scoffs, "sure,"

"I said I'm fine," I say through my gritted teeth.

"You're not fine. You need medicine," Sam butts in.

"I've thrown everything up. I'm better, I just need sleep."

"You most likely have the stomach flu, Maggie. Just take the medicine, please," Jack groans, running a hand through his hair, "don't make us call your parents or your brother."

I sigh, not wanting to disrupt Jack's recording at the studio or my parents at work.

Fuck my life and fuck being sick.

"Fine," I roll my eyes, "give me the fucking stuff,"

I swallow two spoonfuls of the disgusting, grape-flavored syrup and walk to the kitchen for some water, in attempt to wash down the flavor of the medicine.

By the way, it was not grape flavored medicine.

It tasted like shit.

"Wanna watch some TV or something?" Jack leans up against the fridge as I gulp down my drink.

"I guess," I shrug, wrapping myself in a blanket. "Can we turn the heat on?"

Jack shakes his head, laughing lightly. "No,"

"Why not? It's like a million degrees below zero in here!"

"You have a high fever, that's why you're cold,"

"But I'm freezing,"

"It's almost June, and it's too warm outside to turn the heat on. Sorry, princess,"

I roll my eyes and cuddle into the side of the couch, hoping to heat myself up.

"We're gonna just get frozen pizza at the store, what do you want, Maggie?" Sam walks into the living room from upstairs.

"Chicken and rice soup," I mumble into the couch.

"Alright, I'll be back,"

After a long silence, I start complaining.

"Jack," I whine, exaggerating and carrying out the 'a' in his name.

"Maggie," he does the same.

"I'm so cold," I shiver, "I'm surprised I haven't frozen to death yet,"

"Come here, then," he laughs.

I scoot over by him, and he throws his arm around me, warming me up almost instantly.

"You're so warm," I mumble into his chest, "you're lucky you're not sick,"

He laughs loudly.

"Are you tired?"

I nod.

"Go to sleep; I'll wake you up when your soup is ready,"

"Thanks for taking care of me," I mutter into his chest again, drifting asleep.

"No problem, Mags,"

I wake up to my blanket being taken off of me.

"Stop it," I mutter, keeping my eyes closed, "I'll freeze to death,"