36.

As we walk into the restaurant behind the hostess, I see that mom, dad, Gilinsky, Sam, and Nate are all waiting at the table. 

"Did you plan this?" I ask Jack, sending him a smile.

"Of course I did. I knew you'd love it," his cockiness shows clearly through his tone. 

"Well, you were right. I do love it, so thank you,"

I sit in between Sam and Gilinsky, with the others sitting on the other side of the table and we all place our orders.

"This is too much, you guys," I murmur shyly. "Seriously,"

"It's not a problem," Gilinsky answers. "Seriously."

"Thank you," I smile brightly. "Big deal or not, it means a lot to me,"

"It's the least we could do," Sam speaks up, making sure to not interrupt the discussion going on between my brother, parents, and Nate. "It is your birthday."

"Promise me that this is the last thing we're doing, you've all done way too much for me already," I sigh.

"I'm not good at making promises," (A/N: whaddup 1D reference)

"Damn it," I chuckle. "You guys have done so much for me, though."

"Babe, calm down. It's the least that you deserve," Gilinsky smiles, resting his large hand on my knee to stop it from bouncing like it does when I get antsy. He knows me too damn well. 

"I-"

"No arguing," he laughs. "You must accept the birthday fiesta and presents,"

"But-"

"Shh. The food's coming," Gilinsky put his pointer finger over his lips and smirks when I stop talking.

We all get our food, my mouth watering at the steak, potatoes, and vegetables placed on the plate in front of me. 

--

"This isn't it," Jack says.

"What?"

"There's more,"

"Jack." I groan. "Stop it with the surprises. You know I hate them."

"You'll love the outcome, love, trust me," Gilinsky grins.

"You better not be planning some secretive thing," I murmur. "I won't stop telling y'all that this is way too much."

"And I won't stop telling you that it isn't too much."

"God, you're stubborn," I pout. "Where are we going?"

"Home,"

"This isn't the right way,"

"We're taking the scenic route, duh,"

"Why?"

"It's so pretty over here at night," he changes the subject. "Don't ya think?"

"Why?"

"Calm down. We're taking the long way home." (A/N: 5SOS reference whaddup)

"I'm going to ask you nicely one more time. Why are we taking this way?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Just relax, Mags. It's really pretty out here. Don't waste your time fretting about getting home," Sam smiles from beside me.

"He's right," Nate's raspy voice replies from the other side of me. "It's really neat,"

"Fine," I give in, looking out the window. "Wow, this is... gorgeous,"