The New Teacher

Hecates POV

I was walking through the hall after I had finished my lunch. It was half way through the summer break and I had decided to stay at Cackles as I had really nowhere else to go, except Pippa but she was on a holiday with her family. I was walking through as I had gotten bored and Ada had paperwork to finish in her office.

As I walking, I see someone trying to transfer into the room and my guard goes up. What if Agatha had somehow survived? I see an unfamiliar face in front of me. "who are you?" "Lady Wicked, and you?" "Miss Hardbroom, Deputy head and Potion's mistress. If you're a lady wouldn't that mean?" "yes, I am part of the magic Council." "I was not aware there was a visit planned for today." "there isn't, could you direct me toward Miss Cackles office." "why?" "I have a request for her from the great wizard himself." she took out a scroll from her bag. I looked through the scroll.

She was one of them.

I took her to Ada's office. Once I knocked, we heard a come in and entered. "Hecate, who is this?" "Well met Miss Cackle, I am Lady Wicked." "Lady? Are you?" "yes, I am a member if the council." "oh! I wasn't expecting an inspection or visit." "I can assure, this is neither." She walked toward Ada's desk and placed the scroll down in front of her. "you are part of the program?" "yes, I was deputy headmistress of Wormwoods and they weren't sure if I was brainwashed like the other staff so they sent me away from the others to this school."

"so, The Great Wizard would like you to work here as the new French mistress?" "he thinks it beneficial that the girls learn a second language." "Why were you sent here, now?" She took off her hat and held it in front of her with both hands. She was kind of cute. "He wanted me to see what a non-abusive work environment is like." Ada's face fell while this woman looked down. "sorry if it's a sensitive topic, but did you just say abusive!?" "it's not important right now." Ada looked concerned and I felt concerned.

"never mind that dearie, Hecate could you show..." Ada looked at her. "sorry, what's your first name?" "uh... Regina. Why?" "is it bad that I want to call you by your first name?" Regina looked concerned. "why would you want to?" "I want to not be so formal with you. What did you teachers call each other?" "we were only allowed to call each other by Mistress and then their last name, we were never allowed to call each other by our first names." Ada and I shared a look.

"anyway, Regina." She flinched. "Hecate will show you around." "thank you." "one thing, how old are you?" "42, why?" I smiled. "no reason, follow me please." She was even just two years younger than me.

We started walking through the castle and Regina was silent and walked quite slowly behind me. "you don't have to walk behind me. You can walk next to me you know." She looked surprised before matching my pace. Showing her around was easy. She seemed to be sketching whenever I wasn't looking. Every time I looked at her, she would transfer it away back into her bag.

Once we finished, we were back at the front of the school. She was about to transfer away when I asked her about the sketch. She looked alarmed. "you saw that!?" "yes, is that a problem?" "teachers are allowed to draw here?" "yes, were you not allowed to at Wormwoods?" "no, never." "your school rules were really strict." "yes, they were." "so... Your room should be ready tomorrow if you want to come in and see it and make changes to it you can just let us know by mirror before you get here so you don't scare us again.

"I will."