Dinner

Regina's POV

We are woken up by my mother for dinner.

Hecate yawns and I giggle at her adorable face. Morgana also makes a yawning sound and makes her way over to our side of the sofa, when Hecate doesn't move she sits on her head. Hecate transfers her away but Morgana just sits on her side of the sofa and meows.

When Hecate transfers so that she is standing, Morgana moves into my lap and purrs. "I told you she likes you more." "no, she is just like you." "how so?" "she's clingy, she snores, she's bossy, she complains when things don't go her way and she is absolutely adorable. Just like you." she just stares at me while a smile slowly spreads across her face. "you have no idea on how to flirt." "I wasn't flirting, I was just telling the truth." "so calling me adorable was the truth?" "yes." "just hurry up, I have a feeling Willinfred is a little impatient."

We walk toward the dining room and sit down across from my mother and Willinfred.

We started chatting before the food levitates out of the kitchen. The kitchen was fully run on magic. The food is placed in front of us and we start eating. During the meal I feel Hecate touching my thigh. She does know that she is allowed to hold my hand, right? I then feel her hand move further up and I realise what she is doing.

"not in front of my parents!" Everyone freezes. I just stare at Willinfred as I open and close my mouth, trying to figure out what to say. His expression softens as he looks at me. "you think of me as your father?" "well, you're more of a father than my actual one." I shrug and smile at him. "has he earned the title of dad yet?" "Hecate!" I hit her on the shoulder. "What? It was a simple question." "Regina, have I earned it yet." "a few more weeks and I'll think about it." "good enough for me."

"no seriously, without you I would still be in my room all day. I wouldn't have gone to Cackles, I wouldn't have met Hecate or Ada, I wouldn't of found out I am a mind witch, I probably wouldn't be going to the convention even if I had found out, I wouldn't of found Obsidian and I wouldn't of had the most fun I've had in years. Yes, I've had embarrassing moments but Ive had moments of joy. I've made friends, I have a girlfriend. For that, I am forever greatful."

He stared at me with tears in his eyes.

"so yes, you've more than earned the title of dad." I look at Daisy after hearing her say a quiet "awe." I laugh quietly as she turns to her food. "shouldn't Hecate get a reward for helping you find your talent?" I turned to my mother as she spoke. Sorry. "she'll get her reward tonight." Daisy spits out her lemonade. "Raven!" "what? We're going to have a relaxing night of reading. What did you think I meant?" Daisy gave me a death glare before going back to eating.

I love making people feel awkward.

I could hear Hecate giggle slightly and I smiled. "Don't traumatise the poor dear." "what? It was her dirty mind. Not my fault." "leave her alone, your voice didn't help." "But you love that voice, don't you?" Hecate blushed a bright red before smirking. "oh, you know I do."

"enough!"

We look at my mother. "can you two just eat your food?" "fine, what are we doing after this?" "Will and I are going for a walk. Daisy?" "I'm meeting up with my friend Melissa." "Regina, are you and Hecate leaving or staying?" "Hecate?" "I don't mind." "I think we'll stay in my room." "someone's spending the evening alone with their girlfriend, I wonder what will happen." "Mother!" "what? As long as neither of you become pregnant I don't care." "of course you don't, we're all finished so can we have dessert now?" "fine."

She waved her hand and the plates were taken away and replaced with bowl which contain cake and ice cream.

"Regina, are you going to atleast try it this time?" Hecate looked at me strange. "I'm a picky eater." "you didn't complain every time I made you food." "yeah, because it was the same everytime." "so, what have you got against cake and ice cream." "its not the cake, it's the ice cream." "you have a thing against ice cream?"

"just... Don't ask." "okay? What can I do to convince you to try it?" "what do you mean?" "surely there's something." "well yes, but I'd rather we did it alone." "Regina?" "I'm not trying it." I pushed the bowl away with my magic. "you're getting too good at this whole mind thing." I smirked. "I will feed it to you like a child if I have to." "you wouldn't." "oh trust me, I would."

I leaned away from her and she just moved closer.

She took my spoon and scooped up a little ice cream. "come on, you know you want to." "oh for stars sake, fine!" She smirked and I levitated the spoon into my mouth. I took the spoon out and swallowed. "so...?" I looked down and blushed. "it's good..." "that's what I thought, how about next you just trust me." I looked at my mother as she just looked with biwilderment written all over her face.

"what did I just watch!?" "Regina aks like a child sometimes, because of how Wormwoods treated her. So I have to treat like one sometimes. It just gets the point across faster." "okay then? Will and I are done so we'll be leaving you now." "I'm done too, I'll walk with you."

They left us alone in the room.

"Oh for fuck sake, I'm going to kill you Hecate." "what did I do!?" "you made me confess that I think of Willinfred as my dad." "the man deserved to know, plus it got us alone." "oh Hecate, always thinking ahead I see." "yes, now can we eat or ice cream before it melts." "yes, we can."

That's how I found out that I like ice cream.