Her Second Visit

Hecate's POV

That new teacher is strange. She thinks she's always doing something wrong. I could tell she had trauma from that school. I wasn't surprised with the way they treated students I was scared to know how they treated staff. Regina seemed quiet and the way she followed instructions was good but I was scared to know how she would react to students. She seemed to always be aware of everything going on around her which would come in handy at a magical school.

I had spoken to Ada about her. Ada said she had been there since she was twelve, so she had also been trapped at a school for thirty years. She also told me that she also has one friend who is blonde and likes plants named Angelina. She is known to be strict when needed and has the highest marks I've ever seen. I was honestly starting to like this woman, even with the weird introduction we had.

She was due to arrive soon and I was stood outside of the school waiting. She said that she had been at a few different locations this morning, so she had already been on her broom. That is why she was flying instead of transferring directly to the school.

Did she even know how to fly!?

This question was answered for me when I see a figure hurtling toward the ground. Correction, hurtling toward me. Before I had time to register what going on, Regina had come to a stop too quickly which sent her flying off of her broom and into me. We tumbled to the ground as I held onto her and she wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

She jumped away from me and started apologising. "I am so sorry, Miss Hardbroom. I didn't mean to hit you. The wind was strong and my hat fell on my face so couldn't see. Please don't be mad at me." "it is fine, I am not hurt." She was acting like a scared student. That's when it hit me. She never got the chance to grow up. She's still has the mentality of her twelve-year-old self.

Where I had to grow up quickly because I was shoved straight into teaching, Wormwoods forced her to not grow up as she was more likely to stay there if she thought like a child. This poor woman. I had found myself hugging her while lost in thought I realised what I was doing after Regina asked a concerning question. "What are you doing?" "hugging you." I was expecting a 'why?' but I didn't get it, instead I got "what's hugging?"

My heart sank.

How sheltered was this woman!? "it's an act of affection." I let go and held her shoulders while looking her in the eyes. She looked so innocent. "affection?" What do you say to that!? "You know, when you care for someone and you want to show it like kissing or holding hands." Please tell me she knows what kissing is. "kissing, what's that?" I felt so awkward. "you know, when two people press their lips together." "That has a name!?" She knew what it was.

"yes, it does." "That's not showing affection." She said it so matter of factly. "How do you know?" She realised what she had said and changed the subject. "Can you show me my room please?" "of course, follow me." What had this girl gone through?

We walked through the halls again with her walking behind me and keeping her head down. "Regina, could please walk next to me and keep your head up." She followed my instruction immediately. "sorry." "why are you sorry? It was a request not a demand." She was silent. I briefly thought of asking her again, but I knew if I did, she would answer and be stuck in a situation she didn't want to be in.

I wanted to get to know her and sort of fix her in a way. Well not fix, she was a polite human being, but to help her think more like an adult. Otherwise, she would never get anywhere with students. Maybe I would get a chance to speak to her before she left and convinced her to spend the night here so I can help her.

That shouldn't be too hard, right?