~Chapter Twenty-Five~

Breathe in, breathe out. I was sat on some grass away from the maze trying to slow my breathing down. My bracelet was still gold, and I could feel Viktor was scared but determined. He was okay for now.

"Katrina?" I opened my eyes to see him.

"Severus." My breathing started to slow.

He sat down next to me and took me into his warm arms. "Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

I could not stop looking at my bracelet. "Barty has done something to that cup and I've just let my brother walk in there." The bracelet is gold not red, gold not red.

Severus sighed. "If you were not linked to him, I would have turned him in straight away and let him be thrown into Azkaban. But he could threaten to hurt himself and I no longer care about the upcoming war, I want to live through it and be with you."

My nerves had started to calm down by just listening to him speak. His voice was so velvety and deep, I lost myself and my worries in him.

"I'm glad you see the Krum boy as your brother, or I would be jealous that he kissed you before going into the maze." He laughed trying to lighten the mood.

I smiled showing him my bracelet. "I hope it was okay that I borrowed one of your books. I wanted to make a protective bracelet for him."

Severus took the bracelet in his hand to examine it. "You can feel what he's feeling and if he's in danger the gold will turn blood red. You never cease to amaze me Miss Karkaroff."

"I love you so much, Professor Snape." I smiled as I leaned in to kiss him but as soon as his lips touched mine, I pulled back and clutched the now blood red bracelet.

Closing my eyes, I let Viktor's emotions consume me. His mind had been invaded and his thoughts were no longer his own. There was a small voice whispering vicious word to him.

My eyes opened wide to look at a concerned Severus. "He's been cursed."

After the word left my lips I got up and started to run. With all my energy I started to sprint back towards the maze. Severus was hot on my heels, but I was faster. The need to save Viktor made me run faster.

"Katrina!" I could hear Severus shouting but I did not stop.

When I reached the stands, everyone had stopped cheering and they were quiet as they waited patiently for someone to win. It got louder as I ran through the crowds to reach the entrance to the maze. No one could see what was happening in the maze so running towards it in fear got everyone spooked.

Without using my wand, I raised my hand and threw a fireball I conjured towards the maze. I ignored the screams of protests from Severus, my father and even Dumbledore and jumped through the hole I had created. The hole was quick to heal itself behind me and I could no longer hear people shouting at me.

I was inside the maze.

Closing my eyes, I reached for Viktor and again I felt darkness surrounding him. His thoughts were still not his own and he was on the hunt for the champions.

The further I went into the maze the closer I felt to him. As I took my fist right turn, I was met face to face with an Acromantula. Taking a step back to steady myself my hand went for my wand. I hated spiders with a passion but my love for Viktor outweighed my fear.

"Stupefy." I shouted stunning the Acromantula before it could reach me.

As I continued on, twigs were trying to trap my feet and pull me to the ground at every turn. Thanks to my ballet lessons at Beauxbatons, they were easily avoided. I am sure Fleur found this section easy as well.