~Chapter Thirty~

~Chapter Thirty~

Memories are a precious thing. I remember standing in front of my friends and family at my grandmother's funeral reading a poem about memories. I was so broken that day and it brought me comfort.

The rain may wash my pain away

The wind may dry my tears

The Summer sun may heal my heart

And time subdue my fears

But nothing in the world below

Or in the Heavens above

Will ever take away

The precious memory of your love.

"No." I shouted pushing Severus out of the way.

The blast of magic hit me hard in the chest and knocked me down onto the floor. At first it hurt but then things started to feel light and cloudy. I tried to hold onto my beautiful memories but each time I went to grab one I felt it slip away.

"You dare defy me girl." I heard Voldemort scream at me, but I could not reply.

I felt a body collapse beside me on the floor which I soon realised was Severus after I heard disgusting words leave the Dark Lords deformed mouth. "Crucio!" Voldemort shouted.

"Stupid girl. If she does not win me my war, I will do much worse to you Severus. Consider this a warning." Voldemort sounded angry and excited at the same time.

I kept trying but my body would not let me move towards him. I screamed in frustration but all I could do was wait until the spell was lifted from him. My boyfriend is a very strong person because he managed to crawl towards me and take me into his arms. I still felt terrified but at least I felt safer.

"Katrina. Katrina!" Severus shouted holding onto me.

As I heard Voldemort leave the room with his puppy Lucious, I opened my eyes to see a terrified Severus. I tried to study every mark and every line on his face. One of my hands was wrapped tightly around my necklace and the other was holding Sev's hand so tight I thought it would fall off.

"I love you so much Severus Snape." I cried staring into his arms.

"No... no you can't forget me. I need you." I tried to wipe Sev's tears away, but I had to focus my energy on my memories.

"Severus." I gasped. "It took so much for you to trust me. I worked hard for you to open up and now you have to do the same for me."

"I can't." he cried shaking his head in despair. "You won't know you love me. How am I meant to see that on your face every day?" he asked.

With each fading memory I struggled to speak. "I won't know I love you, but you can't forget a feeling. I will love you forever Severus Snape."

I could no longer hold on. As I faded away into a deep sleep, I heard Sev's last words that I would soon forget. "Loving you has been the best thing that has ever happened to me Katrina Karkaroff. I will make you remember."

Meeting Severus was like finding the answer to a question I have spent years asking myself. Now I felt like I had millions of questions and not one answer. I could feel Severus carrying me out of the room and I clung to him, trying to remember his scent.

I thought about the time he pulled away from me when I first asked him to kiss me and how embarrassed that made feel. I would have thought I would love to get rid of that memory, but I found myself clinging to it.

When we found ourselves talking more and more to each other during my detentions or extra tutoring I finally found someone I could connect with on a deeper level. He did not think I was crazy when I could not control my actions and fell into the darkness time and time again.