~Chapter Twenty-Eight~

I awoke that morning to the beautiful smell of eggs and bacon floating into the bedroom from the kitchen. I threw one of Sev's shirts over my naked body and stepped out of the bedroom. All he had on was some joggers and I could see everything from the waist up. My boyfriend is gorgeous.

I wanted to stay in this moment forever. With a frying pan in his hand, he turned around to look at me. "Good morning beautiful. Sleep well?"

The food made my stomach grumble. "Perfect. You cooked for me?" I asked.

He smiled and pulled out a chair for me. "I wish I could cook for you every morning." He answered.

"Well, we certainly built up an appetite." I laughed and gave him one sweet kiss before taking a bite into the delicious breakfast.

"I didn't hear you complaining." He winked as I blushed.

The food was delicious but all I could think about was meeting the Dark Lord today. I remember my grandmother telling me stories about him, but I do not think she could have told me anything to prepare for this day.

"Do you want to ask me anything about Barty?" We had finished eating so we had had started to get ready.

"I trust you and Barty was always insane. We don't need to talk about him, we need to talk about how we will keep you safe." He said kissing my forehead.

"Severus, I know Barty. He will find a way to me." I knew it and he knew it.

"Put these on." He instructed.

Severus had a house elf fetch me some of my clothes while I was asleep, so I did not have to worry about that. My nerves increased when Severus showed me his old Death Eater mask. He had it stored under his bed in a locked box.

"Okay maybe we talk about Barty later." I said nervously.

"Everything is going to fine my love." I do not know if he believed it himself, but I knew he was trying to keep me calm.

He went to his bedside draw and pulled out a square box. For a minute I wondered if he were going to propose but for one the box was too big and for two, I think this would be the worst possible moment for him to propose to me.

"I have had this for a long time but never a person to gift it to." He said lifting the case lid to reveal the most beautiful necklace. It was a deep green crystal with a silver snake wrapped all the way around it.

"This necklace belonged to my mother and I only recently acquired the strength to repair it. My father hated that it represented Slytherin house. He hated any connection my mother had to magic." My heart warmed at how much he was opening up to me.

"I stole it the day he ripped it off her and I want to give it a better memory if you would accept this gift and wear it?" He asked.

I smiled and moved my hair away from my neck. "I would be honoured to wear it my darling." He kissed the back of my neck when he attached the clap.

"It is so beautiful Severus." I gushed.

"Perfect match for it's owner." He said kissing me on the lips.

We had to break our bubble of love because Severus had gotten word from Lucius Malfoy that the Dark Lord had taken residence at his manor. But when we walked through the gates of Malfoy Manor, I felt like I was walking to my death.

The place felt so dark even though it was broad daylight. I wanted the black stones to pull me into the ground to stop me from walking into the biggest fight of my life.