~Chapter Twenty-Nine~

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend." We were all currently sat in the great hall listening to Dumbledore speak about Cedric's death.

The Dark Lord demanded we leave after he let go of my necklace. We both knew the Dark Lord had figured it out, but we could not say it out loud. I could not loose Severus as well. On the journey back to Hogwarts all that was going through my mind was how my mother was dead because of me. She was killed just so I could become powerful in the dark arts.

"I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered... by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory." All around me I heard people crying. I almost wish I could cry but I felt dead on the inside.

Hermione was sat next to me with tears streaming down her face, so I tried to put my feelings aside and comfort her by taking her hand. She had been such a good friend recently keeping my secret. I hope there is still a secret to keep after we go back to the manor.

"Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever." I could feel Sev's eyes burning holes in my head. I knew he was begging me to look up but I couldn't.

"Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." The flags that normally shined with house colours were black in grief.

When everyone walked back to the dorms I stayed behind. Dumbledore was anxious for a report, but I knew Severus would take care of that. I needed to speak with my father.

My father was still in a mood because Viktor had lost, and I did not have to look at him to know he flinched when Dumbledore stated Voldemort killed Cedric Diggory.

"Papa." I said tapping him on the shoulder.

He turned a gave me a hug. "My brave girl. I think a summer at Durmstrang will do us both some good."

I had not considered being away from Severus for a whole summer. The pain caused me to look at him and I realised I had to find a way to keep seeing him over the summer.

"How would you feel about me staying here?" I asked hopefully.

"Is this because of your boyfriend?" he teased.

I did not feel like lying right now. "Yes." I confessed.

I do worry about my father being a Headmaster sometimes. Severus was stood right next to him and yet I knew the thought would never cross his mind without me telling him right out.

"Be careful what you do for love my sweet. Love can hurt you more than any spell or weapon." His cryptic comments started to make more sense now I had information about my mother.

As he walked away, I made no move to stop him. Maybe now was not the right time to bring up my mother's death. I was left with Severus and Dumbledore and it would only take one guess to which one I did not want here.

"Did you know?" I asked Dumbledore accusingly.

Severus came to stand next to me. We did not need any words at this point, just being together was enough. There was no doubt in my mind that Severus would always be on my side.