~Chapter Thirteen~

~Chapter Thirteen~

"Kissing a teacher is absolutely unacceptable Katrianna." I heard her voice but she disappeared in a thick cloud of black smoke.

No. It can't be.

I stared at the floor with plain confusion. It's not possible. The person whose voice I heard isn't alive anymore.

Hermione hadn't told anyone about Viktor Krum being her date apart from me. It made me feel slightly special to have the honour. She has been so kind to me with the tutoring. I wouldn't say I've largely improved on anything but at least I'm slowly starting to understand a bit more.

After what happened in the potions classroom I ran out in search of my father but I ran into Hermione instead. She wouldn't take no for an answer, she dragged me into the Gryffindor common room to get ready for the Yule ball.

"Let's see the dress then." Hermione gushed.

"What dress?" I questioned.

We were in the process of getting ready for the Yule ball. Hermione's dress was absolutely stunning. I was just going to dig out an old dress from my wardrobe, just a simple black evening dress.

"This one." Hermione brought in a white box with a blood red ribbon attached. There was a note attached to the lid of the box.

My beloved,

I wish I could be at your side tonight but at least if you're wearing this there will be a part of me there with you.

Enjoy your night and forget about everything that transpired this morning.

I hope you like the dress. I thought it represented the strong, brave, beautiful Gryffindor inside of you.

Yours, SS

He is something else. I opened the box lid and gasped. Inside was a dark red, lace dress with gold details sown into it. I had never seen something so beautiful. It must have taken ages to make.

"Oh Katrina, it's gorgeous. Who sent it? Do you have a secret admirer?" she gushed trying to read the letter.

"Don't be silly Hermione, it's from my father." I laughed.

I held the dress against me and twirled in front of the mirror. Hermione was laughing as she slipped on her dress. Even if I couldn't be with Severus I think tonight is going to be fun, not amazing but fun.

I won't be one of those girls whose life is spent just with their significant other. I need to spend time with my friends as well but Merlin it's difficult when your significant other is so damn sexy.

I helped Hermione with taming her wild hair. She should really spell her hair more often, it looked amazing. Her dress was pink and it flowed like ripples of a sea. Everyone is going to get a shock when they see her.

Gone the little girl who got attacked by a troll in first year, yes Severus did tell me about that, hello the fourth year who is the brightest witch of her age.

Weasley is going to be sorry that he didn't have the courage to ask her to the ball. I wonder if he will be showing everyone the mark I made on his arm tonight. No Katrina, don't think about that.

I slipped my new dress on and it was Hermione's turn to gasp. "Katrina you look beautiful."

For the first time I truly believed her when she complimented me. In this dress I felt beautiful. My hair was curled and placed up into a bun with stray curls hanging down. My lips were the same colour as my dress and Hermione used her Muggle make up to make my eyes pop. In return I tried my best to do the same.