~Chapter Twenty-Six~

His lips were on mine before I could continue to speak. His hands were all over my body pulling my hair and grabbing my hips. There was such an urgency to his touch.

His lips slowly left mine. "You never run into danger without me." His eyes held desperation mixed with love.

"He's my brother Severus." I sighed defeated.

He took a step back from me. "I'm not saying you shouldn't have gone in. I know I cannot stop you doing that. I'm saying, never put yourself in danger without me being there to help you."

I rested my hands on his chest. "I'm sorry. Never again." I was about to kiss him again when I suddenly remembered the cup.

I grabbed his hand. "The cup was a portkey Severus. Potter and Diggory are missing." His eyes went wide as we took off in search of Dumbledore.

Looking through the crowds everyone was starting to get impatient. The other schools were annoyed at the return of Fleur and Viktor as that meant whoever was about to win would be from Hogwarts.

We briefly stopped when Hermione blocked our path. "Katrina what happened in there? Fleur said she nearly died, Viktor said he was cursed, and you went in there after him. Where's Harry?" She asks worried.

"Miss Granger there is somewhere we need to be right now." I wanted to answer her, but Severus pulled me away when he noticed I stopped.

"I'm sorry." I shouted as we kept running towards Dumbledore.

Right as we were about to reach him, we both grabbed our arms in agony and because I was not used to the excruciating pain I fell to the ground and could not control my screams.

The pain felt like my blood had been exchanged for fire. It seemed to be attacking my arm. Under my top I traced my Dark Mark that was now moving and wrapping its snake tail around my arm. The tighter the snake got around my arm the more pain I felt.

Severus wrapped his hand over my mouth and with the help of Dumbledore they carried me away from the crowds. Behind the maze there was a small room meant for storage. Inside I was gripping onto Severus hard as we lifted our sleeves to reveal our fully black and moving Dark Marks to Dumbledore.

"Shhhh. I'm so sorry my love, the pain gets easier." I would not let go of Severus as he tried to calm me down.

He was back. Voldemort was back.

This was the moment that it really hit me. I was now a follower of the Dark Lord and I was going to have to do horrible things to stay alive. I looked at Severus as the pain started to slowly fade. It was still there but at least I could now stand.

"Look at me." Severus said lifting my head to make me look away from my Dark Mark.

"You can do this. We can do this together." He promised.

Dumbledore was walking back and forth muttering things we could not hear to himself. "This happened faster than I thought. What happened tonight?" he asked confused.

I was not ready to speak or let go of Severus, so he did the talking. "The cup was a portkey. Potter and Diggory are missing."

Dumbledore left the room, but we needed another moment to steady ourselves. I looked at Severus and I could see he was trying to be strong, but he was also in pain. We were being called to the Dark Lord as his followers, but we could not go without blowing our covers. It was killing us to resist the call.

"To him I am a double agent so he knows I will come when I can, he knows I can't vanish on Dumbledore without causing suspicion. We will go later tonight." He kissed me on the lips but unfortunately that did not ease my fears.