Chapter 1

Well, welcome to my new story 😊. My art account on insta is listed in my bio for contact and updates. Thanks for reading Love, enjoy. :)

The world is full of terrifying things. It ranges from serial killers and rapists, abusers and butchers. But do you really think it stops there? We take advantage of things we have in life. And we never regret until we lose it.

Well welcome to my world. And I thought my world was fucked up? Just wait until school starts.

I'll explain a bit of that sentence. My mom died 16 years ago shortly after Olivia was born. We had a little sibling that was older than Olivia though. My mom told us she was stolen from the hospital. My mom didn't get a birth certificate filled out for her so the police couldn't track her down. Then she died and we gave up searching. My dad lost his daughter and his wife so he's become quite... different. He's abusive, strict, and a major alcoholic. We live with it though. We don't have a choice until we graduate high school.

Olivia is a sophomore, Matthew is a senior, and me, Caspian, and Jayson are juniors. We start Monday and it's Friday. Two days I have to deal with my dad. My best friends Nora and Nova are joining us in junior year. They're very secretive though. I never thought anything of it. They told me yesterday that their brothers and a large group of their friends are switching schools from California. It's a long drive because we're in Miami.

I was playing with Fluffy when I heard a loud scream. I ran downstairs and saw my dad standing a few feet away from Olivia. She was on the floor, bloody. He had thrown a glass vase at her.

"BOYS!!!" I screamed and kicked my dad. My brothers came down and started beating my dad. Caspian and I got Olivia and took her to the car. Matt and Jay came out and got in the car. They made sure Olivia would be ok and then we sped off leaving my dad behind.

We arrived about 30 minutes later and took her through the ER and they took her to a surgery room on a stretcher. We had to stay in the waiting room because we have a dad and they can only let parents in, if they're alive. Just then police officers came in and a doctor was talking to them. Then they walked over to us. I started to panic but Matt just held my hand and I calmed down a bit.

"Hey kids, I'm Officer Carson and this is my partner Officer Lopez. What're your names?" The first officer asks. He bends down onto one of his knees so that he's eye level with us.

"I'm Matt, I'm the oldest. And then Jay, Caspian, and Emma. Our youngest sister Liv is in surgery right now." Matt introduces us confidently. I know he's scared though. We all are.

"Well it's nice to meet you all. I have statements from a few doctors explaining your sister, Liv's, injuries. Would you like to tell me why she has glass all over and inside her?" Officer Carson asks curiously. I can see him trying not to get angry.

"We don't. Liv was at home alone while we were out with our dad getting groceries. Liv is one of those teenagers that doesn't like going out for boring stuff like groceries. We came home and found her laying on the floor and took her straight here." I lie. It worked though because we came up with this on the way. Even Liv knows, so they're not getting different stories.

"I hope you're being honest Emma. I don't want to arrest you kids but I think I need to talk to your father." He says strictly. I feel my chest tighten and my heart threatening to beat out of my body. At this point I'm unable to move and I can't breathe. I start having an anxiety attack and lean forward gasping for air.

"Emma? Oh shit no not now. Emma!" Matt says in fear. Jay goes to get water while Matt and Cas try to calm me so my breathing will return to normal. Officer Carson looks up at Officer Lopez and they know somethings up. They know we're lying about Liv. And they know my dad has something to do with it. I didn't start panicking until he said something about my father.

"Matt." I whimper. He cups my cheek in his hand and stares into my blue eyes with his gorgeous hazel ones. "I'm right here Em." He says softly. "Matt they know." I breathe out as I still struggle to get air. The officers turn back to us and raise an eyebrow.

"What do we know Emma?" Officer Carson asks. I feel my throat beginning to close just as Jay comes back with water. I drink but it only makes the pain worse. It escalates and I feel like I'm being choked endlessly. I throw my head back in desperate need of air and then everything goes black.

I wake up and look at my surroundings. I'm in a hospital room with a bunch of needles in my arms and a oxygen mask thingy thing over my mouth and nose. My brothers and the officers are sitting on the bench and their attention comes to me as I groan. I try to sit up but stop and wince at the throat pain.

"Emma are you ok?" Matt asks with worry. I nod my head and a doctor comes in. "Who's the oldest of you kids?" She asks. Matt raises his hand and she nods. "Well your sister had a major attack. We've never had a case where someone passes out due to pain from an anxiety or even a panic attack. Emma has serious trauma and I think that's why her pain was intensified. The fact that it started after Officer Carson mention your father shows something is wrong and we would like an explanation before we are forced to call Child Protection Services." She informs. They can't do that, we'll be put into foster care. I can't put Liv through that.

Thanks for reading chapter 1!! Love you ♥️