Chapter 3

Ugh I go back to school tomorrow. I really don't wanna do that. My ankle still hurts and Idk why. It's in one of my other books but I had sprained my ankle in early January and it hasn't healed.

I got up and hoped I didn't run into noras brother that I now know as Tyler. I took my shower and then got dressed.

The boots are not part of her outfit

The boots are not part of her outfit. She just wears sandals or regular boots with her outfits. But the type of dresses she wears have cowgirl boots with them.

After I got ready, I grabbed my bag and my phone and went downstairs. My dad was waiting for me at the end of the stairs and I forced myself to walk down. I stand in front of him and he slaps me. I feel a warm liquid run down my cheek and I quickly get a towel from one of the bathrooms before blood gets on my clothes. I clean up the large cut he gives me and put a bandage over it. I go back downstairs and wipe away the tears. I go out to the car by myself and sit in the passenger seat so that my right cheek isn't visible.

The others come out and get in the car. Matt asks me what's wrong and I just tell him to drive. We park the car and I take off inside. I didn't even notice that Matt and Cas were following me. I got to my locker and when I closed it they were right there.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR CHEEK?!" Matt yells in anger. I shush him and rips the bandage off. "Dad." He says through gritted teeth. I put the bandage back on and he starts walking back to the car. I run after him and stop him before he can get in it.

"Matt stop!" I order. He looks straight into my eyes and I see nothing but hurt and anger. "Matt I'm fine ok?" I add and he shakes his head. "Do you not see your damn cheek Emma?!" He shouts. "WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP?!!" I yell. His anger fades and now it's just regret.

"Uh em?" I hear and snap my head. Nora, Tyler, and 4 other people were standing there and I wondered if they heard Matt say dad. "Emma what happened to your face?" She adds and I just look at Matt.

"I love you Matt but don't push me so far or I'll break your hand too. Same goes for every. Single. One. Of you." I say and look at everyone else. Nora takes a step back and I go to the bathroom. I'm really not in the mood for their shit. I love my family more than anything but I can only take so much. I lock the stall and take the razor that I had out in my bag. I rolled up the sleeves of my jacket and just cut. Over and over.

I had come prepared so when I was done taking my anger out on my arms, I go to the sink. I put the razor in the trash because it was bloody and then bandaged up my arms. I hid them with my sleeves and then walked to class. I sat in the far back corner away from my siblings and friends and didn't even pay attention. It was like that for the next few classes and then lunch came along. I was going to hide out in the back of the school and I went to a tree I usually hide in. I sit at the bottom and check my bandages. I was so caught up I didn't know people were out here.

Shit.

It was the 4 people I saw with Tyler and Nora this morning. 2 girls and 2 boys. None of them were his family though, I know that much. His brother is a senior.

"Oh my god, Cameron call Tyler!" One of the girls yelled. "It's ok, I'm Hayley. This next to me is Elizabeth. Cameron is on the phone with Tyler and the other guy is Adrian. We won't hurt you." She adds. Tyler just shows up out of nowhere and then grabs my phone and texts someone. My siblings and his sisters and I'm guessing his brother all come out and now my hiding spot is no longer hidden.

"Emma I'm going to fucking kill you." Matt says as he changes the bandages. "Matt it's nothing. Just stop." I tell him. I'm annoyed and I'm so tired of them being overprotective. I need air, I need space.

"Do you not understand how serious this shit is? Emma you're harming yourself!" He points out. I look down at my hands and he sighs. He lifts my chin with his finger and I feel a tear run down my bandaged cheek.

"Just tell me why Emma." He says softly but nothing comes out of my mouth. He looks up at Tyler and then switches places with him.

"Will you tell me?" Tyler asks and stares deeply into my eyes. I shake my head and get up and walk away. Today has been nothing but a disaster and I'm done. I just want to be with Fluffy and cry into my pillow.

Matt was so worried he didn't notice I jacked his keys. I got into the car and Tyler appears out of nowhere. There's no way he caught up to me.

"Get out of the car." He orders. I stand my ground and stay seated. He opens the car door and drags me out. I stumble forward but he grips my waist. His hand is freezing cold and it makes me shiver. "What the hell?" I ask. He lets me go immediately and just stares into my eyes. "Why are your hands so cold? You're fast as hell, you break your bones back into place... holy shit." I had finally realized. Nora and nova were the same way and I now know why.

"What Emma?" He pushes me to go further. He backs me up against the car and stands so close I can feel his breath on my neck.

"No that's impossible. Vampires are fictional myths." I scoff and he shakes his head. His fangs come out and my breathing stops.

"I'm a vampire Emma. All of our friends and family are."

Poor girl. And I don't think suicide or self harm is ok so don't come at meh. I'm your typical depressed teen so I know how it feels. Just remember that you're loved, there's someone out there.