(𝐈 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞) 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Dear Jisung,

I'm not quite sure how to begin. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to say.

To be honest, I feel terrible. I feel terrible about everything. About what you did. What I did. For ratting you out to the police. And I feel terrible for even feeling terrible about that, because it was the right thing to do. Yet, it felt so wrong...

Jaemin shook his head, throwing his pencil against the desk

Jaemin shook his head, throwing his pencil against the desk. It clattered, wood against wood, before it rolled onto the green, mucky carpet. A sigh escaped the boy's soft lips, his raven hair falling in front of his eyes before tilting his head up. Staring at ceiling of his dorm, a wave of homesickness washed over him.

There's nothing there for you...

He knew that was true. He burned the memories of Boyle heights the moment he got out of therapy camp - or at least tried to. But when you love as hard as he did, blindly and naively, it becomes harder to forget. Often times he found himself thinking of the life he used to live, and the friends he used to have.

"Genevieve," Jaemin murmured softly, reaching for her shoulder only to be pushed back.

The house was dimly lit and smelled of dust and neglect. Her house was never really a hang out spot for them, but the few times he had visited, he knew that Genevieve kept it better than this. The girl's thin back and narrow shoulders faced him. She had lost a lot of weight after the truth was unveiled. Unable to eat, unable to take care of herself. Why would she? There was nothing left for her anyways. The truth hit her like a meteor, brisk and unforgiving, blowing up in her face. Not only did she have to suffer the loss of an unrequited love, but also the lost of her best friends.

She didn't attend Jeno's funeral even after Jaemin had begged her. The girl couldn't face the truth, couldn't look it dead in the eye and say ' I'm okay'. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

"I don't want to talk, Jaem." She mumbled, still facing the wall. Her voice was broken, shoulders hunched.

It was so unlike her. A girl filled with such life and energy, taken down by the cruelty of the world.

Jaemin sighed. "Today is my dance competition. I thought maybe you'd want to come." The boy pulled a crumbled flyer from his back pocket, holding it over her shoulder.

The ravenette took the flyer, holding it with two hands as she smoothed it out. A dry laugh escaped her lips. Her body shifted, turning around. Jaemin held back a gasp as he met her dark, red stained eyes.

"So I can relive what I lost?" She tilted her head, the corner of her lips lifting to reveal a viscous smile. The paper crumbled in her fists before it fell to the ground. "You truly think about no one but yourself, do you Jaemin Na?"

His brows wavered. "That's not what I-"

"Get out." She stated coldly.

Stepping closer, the boy continued. "Evie, please."