22. 𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑻𝒐𝒐 𝑴𝒖𝒄𝒉

*Note: Don't play the song yet.

   "Hey Nana?" Genevieve shook the boys shoulder worriedly, her eyebrows furrowing at his lack of a response

   "Hey Nana?" Genevieve shook the boys shoulder worriedly, her eyebrows furrowing at his lack of a response. "Nana? Hello? Earth to Nana?" She called, waving her hand in front of his glazed eyes.

   The boy jumped, snapping out of his zoned out state and looked towards his friend, giving her an unbelievable smile. "Sorry. What is it?" He asked, so quiet that his voice could barely be heard. He sat against the wall in the studio, watching the rest of the team practice a new choreography. Normally, the boy would be right in the front, either copying Lana's moves to perfection or helping the others catch up. He was always ahead of the others but today...today he just couldn't.

   He didn't have the energy to ever hold his head up. Instead, his warm palm held it.

   "What's wrong? You haven't been yourself lately." Genevieve commented, her voice laced in concern.

   Jaemin scoffed and rolled his eyes. Of course I'm not the same. My best friend has been missing for weeks and I've only just now realized that it may be my boyfriend's own doing. He thought in his head. A part of him held something against Genevive - anger. He hated how she was able to just bounce back to her normal life after Jeno went missing. It made him wonder if she ever did love his best friend. Yet again, he did pull her by her strings and used her so perhaps her reaction is justified.

   Sighing, the brunette answered. "It's just been hard for me lately."

   Genevieve wrapped him in her arms. She was supposed to be dancing with the team as well, but she knew she couldn't leave her friend alone. "I know...I've been having trouble too." She responded.

   Jaemin found that hard to believe, but her body warmth comforted him so he opted not to say anything. He rested his head against her chest, chewing his bottom lip anxiously. Since the moment he woke up, his heart has been pounding anxiously at the thought of Jisung, his ethereal eyes and lips never leaving his mind. But that isn't what made him uneasy. It was everything but that—Jisung's dispassion to his best friends disappearance. His suspicions to the cops. His nosiness to what they'd say despite seeming uninterested.